Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allroadsleadtojamaica Posts: 60, Reputation: -1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Stretch marks:S uh oh
    Umm, do stretch maeks on you're thies go away if you lose weight on them, I'm still young so I'm wondering.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Stretch marks are scars. They will eventually lighten to the same color as your skin, but they will not go away. There are products you can get, such as mederma, to help them on their way to becoming lighter. :)
    allroadsleadtojamaica Posts: 60, Reputation: -1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Thanks for that. They are not bad but I'm wondering, also, when you get your cartilage peirced, does it hurt with a gun?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by allroadsleadtojamaica
    thanks for that. they are not bad but im wondering, also, when you get your cartilage peirced, does it hurt with a gun?
    The cartilage in my ear shattered when it was pierced with a gun.
    It really depends on your pain tolerance.
    It by far was not the most painful experience I've ever had,
    But it was not comfortable.
    It never healed correctly and I had to have it done again.

I'd recommend getting it done with a needle and hoop for best results.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:36 PM
    With a gun, it doesn't usually hurt, but it also depends on your tolerance for pain.

Can I make a suggestion? Get your cartilage pierced at a piercing/tattoo parlor. They will use a hollow needle, rather than a gun. The piercing guns like what are used in the mall are not sterilized, and that is one step in the wrong direction when it comes to piercings. Also, they could increase scarring if they get the gun stuck on the jewelry after piercing.

A hollow needle is a lot more sterile, and reduces your risk of infection :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:45 PM
    Wondergirl agrees: No wonder I never had that done! Ouch!
    Those guns really are a health hazard, yet the are still allowed to be used. Go figure. I had my industrial done with a hollow needle, and it was a bit of a shock, but I wouldn't say painful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stretch marks [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed last night after I got out of the shower stretch marks on my lower abs. I am not pregnant and my weight has stayed about the same. I did weigh more on the doctor's scale a couple months ago then on my scale at home. At the office it was 207 when I came home that day it was 196 at home....

Hey guys, I go to middle school and next year I'm going to take cheerleading in high school. I weigh 134 pounds and I'm 13 years old. I have no idea how I got stretch marks on my legs . I have some between my thighs and some behind my knees. I really want to take cheerleading but I have stretch...

I have a big problem of stretch marks on my breasts, I tried lots of techniques, but the stretch marks are still visible. I lately heards about the stem cells therapy, could you please tell me where can we get such treatements? Any available info? Thanks.

Stretch Marks [ 8 Answers ]

I am so young and I'm already starting to get stretch marks. I tried coco butter and everything and nothings working. What should I do?

Stretch marks [ 7 Answers ]

I have stretch mark on my hips,arms,shoulders,belly,and behind my knees. I was wondering if and one used something to clear them out that has worked before?

View more questions Search