Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eleven84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Frigidaire Dryer not starting
    Hello,

I have a Frigidaire Dryer made built in 1996 model (canada) FD975ES0 8 cycles who has stopped running. Basically on the last drying cycle it stopped and I noticed unusual amount of heat. Not sure the cause but did check exhaust and filter for unusual amount of lint but was pretty clean. The exhaust was also not clogged.

I unlugged the dryer for 30 min per user guide and also tried pushing the start button for 2 secs with no results. There is power going through the unit since the inside light is working inside the dryer but when I press start nothing happens. I have browsed on this site and noticed that it maybe the Thermal limiter which might be the cause.

Would need a detail explanation on possible causes and defects aned exact procedures on how to fix this problem and where the thermal limiter is located and what it looks like. Is it located rear panel or near the motor.

Thanks in advance

Pete
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Thermal limit could be the cause. It is located on the vent housing. It is narrow and about 3 inches long with a wire at each enb. It is non resetable so when it goes it has to be replace. Remove one wire from it and check for continuity. If non replace. You can also check by unpluging unit attaching a jumper wire around it and plugging unit back in and starting dryer. If it runs you've found the problem. It usually blows because of a clogged vent. You said yours was clean but have you check the hose from dryer to where it exits house? A clogged vent or hose is usually what causes this to blow.If this is not the problem, check the door switch in the same manner as the fuse. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire dryer [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace the thermal limiter. I have taken the screws out of the clips, but can't get to the part. The top won't come lose.

Appliances frigidaire dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a upright washer and dryer frigidaire model number fex831csa and I need to check the thermal limiter and I can't get the back off... my dryer won't start

Frigidaire Dryer squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer Model# FDE797IEWI. The dryer squeaks, mostly when starting and for the first few minutes while operating

View more questions Search