jcarpen763 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Exhaust fan in bathroom
    I am wiring a new bath and would like to know if code requires an
    Exhaust fan in bathroom.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 02:57 PM
    If you don't have a window, you have to have a fan.
    They make some very nice and expensive fans that are Super Quiet, 3 Sones.
    Almost can't hear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Exhaust Fan Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to wire an exhaust fan to an bathroom light switch; how do I go about doing this project. The existing light switch is a single pole, and I assume I will need to install another double box for two (2) switches - one for the existing light and the other for the NEW exhaust fan. ...

Bathroom and kitchen exhaust fan vents [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 290 cfm remote, 4 port bath exhaust fan serving two bathrooms. The exhaust port is 6 inches in diameter. I will be installing a 360 cfm range hood exhausting to 6 inch pipe. Can I join both kitchen and bath exhaust pipes in the attic and have the exhaust for both run out the same...

Connecting bathroom exhaust fan [ 2 Answers ]

I presently have a switch in a bathroom with 3 14/2 cables coming into the switch box. The switch only controls a light for the medicine cabinet. All the whites are connected together. Two of the blacks with a pig tale are connected to the bottom screw of the switch. The other black is connected...

Installation of a Bathroom exhaust fan [ 6 Answers ]

My source of power is originating from a light fixture and then goes to a switch. I've pulled a cable from the switch box to a bathroom exhaust fan and wanted to find out how to go about wiring it up. What would normally be a neutral wire (white wire) in this case ends up being the live wire...

Attic venting of bathroom exhaust fan [ 4 Answers ]

Our bathroom has a ceiling light fixture whice I would like to replace with an exhaust fan. I understand the need to vent this out of the attic and to have the duct well insulated to avoid condensation. The problem is access to the outside. We have a roof with four sloping sides, no vertical ends....

View more questions Search