Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benball Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 08:53 PM
    I don't like what my life has become
    I used to think I new what I wanted in life but now Im not so sure. Im 31 and I feel lost. I can't stop thinking that my problems are a result of my parents bad decisions and divorce.
    When I lived with my mom she tried hard to be there for us but it wasn't enough. I tried living with my dad but ended up dissapointed at who he was. It got to the point that I lost respect for him and we've barely talked to each other going on 10 years now. I thought I could become a better person than my parents were and Ive tried but I feel a failure. I thought marriage would fix everything but after 2 1/2 years with my wife I don't know if I can stay married myself. Aside from marriage I just don't like who Ive become. Im not a bad person, every one that knows me thinks highly of me, I like to make friends and be supportive of other people. Ill do anything to lend a hand to someone that needs it. I even try hard to live right, i.e.. Not doing things I should not do. So why do I feel such a failure? When I get in social situations I don't have anything to say, no stories to tell, no happy moments to share. This seems to bug me the most because when Im around family memebers I duck out every time because I don't have anything to say anyway. I really want to say anything and joint in on conversations but its almost like I cant. I can't do it. What's happened to me? I feel all alone. I need a parent to turn to but I can't turn to my wife's, and mine are even worse. I need a dad to give me advise and help but where do I find it now?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 15, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Grandparents?

XenoSapien
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 05:28 AM
    I've never heard of a family that wasn't disappointing in some way to at least some of its members. Of course, some are worse than others, but none are perfect. You are not your parents, and you are not your family history. Figuring out who you are is hard work, and at 31 you're right at the point in life where it has to be done. Take heart and get on with it. It will get better. Five years from now you will be thankful for the decisions you're making now.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:54 PM
    I agree with ordinaryguy...

Letting your past lead you is not the best thing to do. Knowing what you want in your future is better, you have goals to set for yourself and it will help when you start checking off the list. It wouldn't be weird to have some place to write these feelings down either. Hugs to you...
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 04:23 PM
    I think you have lost yourself in the midst of all your work for others, you have forgotten your own soul and been neglecting your own self.

Maybe you are feeling lost because you have no purpose in life, no family to depend on,no marriage partner to count on...
    Maybe you just need time out from the crowds and spend a little time by yourself soul searching.
    Find out where you wish to go from now... the past is already gone and you can't change who your family is they are yours no matter how bad/good.
    Go for walks in a natural surrounding and be by yourself,think deeply, find your inner voice and find a direction to where you wish to go foreword.
    Do you need a career change?Or a wardrobe change?Or a religious change?Or a change of residential area?Or a job change?

By yourself ponder these questions, if need be research online for what you need and make a choice to change what you need to change to bring back your life as you want it to be..

Take care
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Re "Kattalover agrees: Thank you for these words! They could have been meant for me!"

Glad to have caught your attention, maybe now you will be able to work on finding your path to Peace...
    Peace of the Soul (which is the best thing that could happen as this would put your whole life into the right perspective! :) :) )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

I don't know what I want to do with my life [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I have just received my A level results (qualifications that lead to university for those non-UK people out there) and they were not what I had expected. I got BBC bit needed to get AAB to secure my place to do Optometry at Cardiff University. I am going to retake my A levels to get the right...

Is there something more going on in my life? [ 3 Answers ]

My date of birth is September 19, 1944 I lived a peaceful life till year 2003 except my wife who always try to stay away from me and since may2006 my children are also not taking care of me and now the life is very miserable either I go to shelter or on welfare, My question, Is there something...

What do you think of my life [ 8 Answers ]

I am doing this in 2 parts here is first part up to my husbands death.(sorry for any misspells or any bad writing) Ok here we go . I will start when I was born. I went to a friend of The family . Was raised well there.When I turned seven.The lady told My parents that she was going to just...

View more questions Search