Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabatinis Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Fatigue and vertigo
    Lately I have been very fatigue and having much vertigo. It happens worse in the morning. I had a cat scan and my blood taken, all came back fine. I've also been to doctors 4 times and yet they can't explain it. It all seems like I wake up very disoriented. It mostly comes and goes, but lasts about weeks at a time. I thought maybe it had to do with my ears throbbing here and there. But I had my ears as well as my eyes checked out and all came out fine. I don't take medication and especially don't use drugs.What could it be?
    PamelaAnn077 Posts: 19, Reputation: 6

Jul 15, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabatinis
    Lately I have been very fatigue and having much vertigo. It happens worse in the morning. I had a cat scan and my blood taken, all came back fine. I've also been to doctors 4 times and yet they can't explain it. It all seems like I wake up very disoriented. It mostly comes and goes, but lasts about weeks at a time. I thought maybe it had to do with my ears throbbing here and there. But I had my ears as well as my eyes checked out and all came out fine. I don't take medication and especially don't use drugs.What could it be?
    Do you have positional vertigo (i.e. does it happen when you lay down on your right side or your left side only)? Or lean to your right side or left side? Or is your vertigo the type that happens all the time regardless of your position (does it happen standing up, sitting down, etc/)?

Jul 15, 2007, 06:39 PM
    It's usually all the time, but its extreme when walking and standing up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Is your blood pressure within normal limits? 120/70?

You describe that this happens when standing up. It is possible that it could be postural hypotension.

Jul 16, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Last night my right ear made a huge popping sound. Which now my left ear feels like there's a huge cotton ball stuck in it. Maybe my Eustachian tubes may be plugged. Could this be the reason why I have vertigo? And what can I do? I also think my blurriness may be because of a sty in my eye. How do you get rid of a sty? Other then a warm washcloth. Is there a way to get rid of it faster? Thanks for all your help :)
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Time for a doctor's visit. It sounds as though you may have an ear infection that would require antibiotics.

Jul 16, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Yes I'm on top of seeing a doctor. I'm going to actually see if I can make an appointment with my ear doctor. But could this be the reason why I have been feeling so dizzy. And how can an ear infection cause you to be dizzy? Thank You!
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Yes, it can make you dizzy. I will explain it in easy terms to understand.

Our center of balance lies within our ears. When this center of balance is disturbed, by fluid build up, infection, or whatever, we experience dizziness.

Jul 16, 2007, 09:21 AM
    I Just want to thank you very much for all your help and advise. I have been looking online for answers for weeks now. This website and your advise. Has helped me so much. Thank You :)
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 10:15 AM
    You are very welcome ;)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Sounds just like what I just had - labyrinthitis I'm surprised the doctors didn't suggest this. You will be feeling tired because the brain has to work extra hard to keep you upright when the balance is effected. It really is exhausting! Vestibular Disorders Association | Vertigo, Imbalance, Dizziness resources - Labyrinthitis & Vestibular Neuritis

If it started in a sudden attack of extreme vertigo which involved the room spinning then there is a good chance it is this.

Unfortuanately if you've go viral labrynthitus then there is nothing much to be done except treat the symptoms and rest.

Jul 16, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Hmmm... I'm definitely going to have to bring that to my doctors attention thanks for your help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treating Vertigo [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have been really dizzy lately, sometimes I even feel nauseous (sp?). I posted this last week. Anyhoo, I went to the doctor and she believes its Vertigo because I have fluid in my ear. I was supposed to go back this week, but I have absolutely no time because it's fnals week at my college....

Constant fatigue [ 14 Answers ]

I am so tired all of the time, I can’t seem to cope with working. I come home and I just want to go to sleep straight away. If it wasn’t for my boyfriend I doubt I would manage to even eat dinner. Sometimes I just cry myself to sleep I’m so physically exhausted. When I’m on my course full time I...

Extreme fatigue [ 3 Answers ]

A few days after I found I am pregnant, I have had the worst fatigue! I'm only seven weeks! When I wake up in the morning, a few hours later I feel as if I haven't slept in days. When I'm at work it is really hard for me to stay focused and stay awake throughout the day. I am eating a good diet...

Fatigue [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time having posted anything on this site. I have a question in regards to the massive ammounts of fatigue that I have been experiencing lately. I have been getting the recommended ammounts of sleep, yet I still feel like I am going to collapse all the time. True, my...

View more questions Search