Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michellerenee Posts: 102, Reputation: 7

Jul 7, 2007, 08:21 PM
    CLYMIDIA in kittens eyes
    Hello, should I treat both kitten's eyes to prevent cross contamination? (I have two, one with it in one eye, and one without it) One is currently being treated with topical antibiotic without steroids. I nearly blinded one kitten with using another cat's eye med. Which contained steroids.
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jul 7, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Oh Goodness... how Did That Happen?? Be Careful With The Kittens... You Probably Should Treat The Other One So That She Doesn't Get It... Is It Contagious??

Jul 7, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunta
    Oh Goodness....how Did That Happen??? Be Careful With The Kittens... You Probally Should Treat The Other One So That She Doesnt Get It... Is It Contagious???
    I think so, but I'm not sure.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2007, 09:35 PM
    You need to keep the infected kitty away from the other one until you call your vet and see how long the kitten is contagious and ask if you should treat the other one as a precaution. Also I would wash everything that it slept on or ate & drank out of etc. Add a small amount of bleach to the rinse water or wipe down in bleach water. The back of the bleach bottle should give you the correct amount to use per gallon of water. You could possibly catch the virus. So wash your hands thoroughly.

Jul 7, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    You need to keep the infected kitty away from the other one untill you call your vet and see how long the kitten is contagious and ask if you should treat the other one as a precaution. Also I would wash everything that it slept on or ate & drank out of etc. Add a small amount of bleach to the rinse water or wipe down in bleach water. The back of the bleach bottle should give you the correct amount to use per gallon of water. You could possibly catch the virus. So wash your hands throughly.
    Thanks, his eye looks so much better than when I took him to the vet. I got the correct med. For him. They were going to be ferrel cats in town,and I rescued them from death.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

His eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, I have a eight year old male shiatzu that has developed a little white spot on the center of his eye. It is very small right in the center of the eye

Kittens watery eyes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 19 week old kitten who's eyes are watery could this be cause from kitty litter? :confused:

My eyes [ 4 Answers ]

I've always had these but now I'm slightly worried. On my left eye ( on the left side ) and on my right eye ( on the right side ) I have a sort of yellow spot on either eye. Its not very noticeable until you look closely in the mirror. If I'm not mistaken my dad had them too. Im a smoker...

Kittens eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hello,I have four 11 day old kittens they have all opened their eyes,can they actually see now or are they still blind?. thankyou.teresa.

Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for two blue-eyed people to have a brown eyed-child?

View more questions Search