Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mymissy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Security deposit increase
    Can a landlord raise your secuity deposit. I live in a mobile home and only rent the ground . I've lived in this park 42 years ( this is my second mobile home since I moved here ) my deposit then was $90.00, the new landlord wants $187.44 more. Do I have to pay him? Two tentants never paid a secuity deposit, do they have to pay one now?
    The landlord bought this park about a year ago.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2007, 09:02 AM
    They can change the terms of your rental. ( or even end your rental) at the time frame of your agreement, If you have a year lease, then they can change any and all terms of the lease at the start of the new year.
    IF you havve a 5 year lease of the land, then at the end of the five years, they can again change all the terms.

But if you are on a month to month rental of the land, at the start of each month they can change the rental agreement.

Your agreement is your agreement, their agreement is thiers, A landlord can ( unless there is rent control) rent one place for one price, and another for another price.

So all you can do is worry about your land, they can let someone stay free on another if they want to, it is their land to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deposit Increase for Pet [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I rent a unit on a month-to-month lease. I was given a very beautiful puppy for my birthday by my fiancé. We had previously spoken to our property managers regarding possibly getting a pet "one day" and they said their new leases now allowed for small dogs - we have not seen or signed...

I need a security deposit [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Help With Getting The Move In Money For My House That I Am About To Move Into In Another 2 Months

Security deposit [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, My old landlord has not returned my deposit, we moved out on oct. 7th last month and on the 8th he came so we can insp. And gave back the keys. We were never late on our rent and keep the house as it was when we moved in. All but the decks he told us we could paint them if we liked and...

Help my security deposit! [ 3 Answers ]

Moved out June 24 (pennsylvania). Move out date was June30 (was doing my landlord a favor so she can re-do bathroom.) Called her July 17 and she says she is not giving any of my security deposit ($1000) because the 60days prior to my moveout, the apt was "filthy" (I procrastinate...

Security deposit increase? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been renting for approximately 2 years and was informed last month that a $300 increase in my security deposit is required with my next month's rent. Is this legal? The propoerty was sold about six months ago and I'm on a month-to-month lease which the only option given. I know they can...

View more questions Search