Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snapdragon Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jun 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Hormone replacements
    Hi everyone, I'm wondering if there are any women who have or are going through menopause? My mom just had a hysterctomy and wanted to know if there are any natural hormone supplements that she can take that might work as well as what she would get from the doctor? Her doctors tell her there aren't any, but she thinks they just want her money. So any help would be nice. Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
    I am beginning menopause right now, and due to previous cancer I cannot take hormone replacements of ANY kind. But I will tell you that she needs to follow the advice of her health care providers.

You see, depending on the reason for the surgery, i.e. cancer, etc... there are some replacements that are dangerous to her health and some that are beneficial.

Her physician knows her personal history so he is in a better place to advise her.

She should rest assured they are not out to take her money, only to keep her healthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with info on window replacements [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I have been doing research into this and it seems that I just get more confused as I go. We have a 21 year old stucco home that has single pained crappy windows right now and we are hoping to start with one room at a time as I am going to paint them, make curtains and hubby is going to do...

Silver filling replacements [ 2 Answers ]

I am in process of having all my silver (mercury) fillings removed and replaced. Has anyone had this done and seen an improvement in their health? I have a thyroid condition and hoping this heal the thyroid so I no longer will need to take thyroid medicine. Your thoughts/input would be appreciated....

View more questions Search