Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakrmolanism Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 07:49 AM
    If I raised my child for the first 9 years without support do I have to pay support
    I have raised my son for 9 years without any help from his father. If I send him to live with his father will I have to pay child support. I would think not because we would be even rite?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2010, 07:53 AM

Please pay more attention to posting guidelines. There is a Read First sticky in the Children forum (where this was moved from) that directs questions of a legal nature to this forum.

Does a custody/support order currently exist? If you never filed for support that's your issue.

If the father is given legal custody, then he has every right to file for support from the non-custodial parent. Whether he would be awarded support depends on a number of factors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never ordered to pay child support can you get back pay [ 9 Answers ]

I have a soon to be 13 year old daughter. Her father has only seen her maybe 5 times her whole life. He has never been court ordered to pay child support but we did have a paternity test done when she about 1 year old. But he wouldn't stay in one place or keep a job long enough to get a support...

Does my dad have to pay 18 years of child support for a child he didn't know about? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, here is what happened... 19 years ago, my dad had a one night stand, and the girl moved away... She became pregnant, had the child, a girl, and did not tell my father. My father isn't even listed on the birth certificate, and he flat out did not know about his daughter for 18 years... On...

I live in Georgia do I have pay child support for step childer, only marrried 2 years [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Georgia do I have pay child support for step childer, only marrried 2 years. I received SSD and VA disability payments. Do I have pay child support and can my unearned money be including as income?

Do I have to pay child support? Even if all these years she lied to me. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married for 8 years my daughter is 5yrs old. My wife and I split up about a year and half ago the she told me she had a doubt of my daughters paternity. Just recently I dna tested her at home and biologically she is not mine. She just served me with child support papers. What can I...

A reason Why CHild Support Should Be raised [ 8 Answers ]

I want an increase in child support. Its been two years and I have never asked for an increase. My daughter is 8 and she needs this and that and she eats like a pig. THe extra money to cover expenses would be nice. I filled the forms but I need a reason why? A cost ofliving but also food and...

View more questions Search