Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petraf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Abandonment on personal property
    I am the landlord of my mothers property, My sister once lived there and now has left her house that she has built on the property. The house is surrounded and filled with her junck. I need help and information on what to do!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2009, 05:59 PM

Send your sister a certified letter stating that she has 30 days to clean out her stuff or it will be conidered abandoned.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Send your sister a certified letter stating that she has 30 days to clean out her stuff or it will be conidered abandoned.
    Also take pictures and document everything. If there are valuables then you at your expense may have the right to move them to a storage so the home can become rentable again. Also you may depending on your local laws be able to sell the items in question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possession of Personal Property [ 2 Answers ]

I am a Virginia Resident and live with a friend. I am being threatened that my things will be on the street the next day. We do not have a lease agreement and as of May the home has been sold back to the bank due to foreclosure. I have stated that I will move my things in once week. Can my things...

Can MS personal property be levied? [ 1 Answers ]

In Mississippi do they allow the levy of personal property to settle a judgment? My bank accounts have already been garnished.

Eviction of Personal Property? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house from an investor who bought the house out of foreclosure in the state of Va. The former owner who was being foreclosed on alleged that the first investor lied to her about being given the chance for a lease option. I posted a question on this portion of the story a few weeks ago....

View more questions Search