Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basspaul Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Windows XP runs extremely slow
    I am running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 9100. When online, computer runs extremely slowly. Cooling fans run constantly and web pages slow to a crawl. Especially on Facebook or Cox internet webmail. Keep getting pop up from Norton internet security saying "high cpu usage by internet explorer". Any suggestions on how to clear this up would be greatky appreciated. Thanks.
    PCGuru Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 08:40 PM
    It sounds like one of the fans inside your computer has died. Also, open it up and get a can of compressed air and spray around to clear out any dust that has built up on the fans. If still as slow, press windows key + R and type MSCONFIG and click OK then select Startup tab and pick Disable All to disable startup items from slowing your PC down. Use Firefox (www.firefox.com) or Chrome (www.google.com/chrome) instead of slow/memory-hogging Internet Explorer. Norton is also a CPU/memory drainer/waster. Consider Microsoft Security Essentials instead (Do a Google search for MS Security Essentials) and go to Malwarebytes.org for malware protection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2006 6.0 litre runs extremely rough at start up [ 1 Answers ]

Lots of white smoke when put under load until it gets warm, then runs fine, maybe a little loss of power. The EGR was replaces about 30,000 miles ago.

Slowing down DCM motor RPMs to extremely slow speed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very old tin-record music box. The motor is missing (used to be a wind-up spring motor). I'm thinking I might be able to use an electric motor of some sort(plugging it into the wall socket) and maybe some sort of controller mechanism to slow the thing down. The old tin record needs to...

Snow Blower, runs when cold, then stops and runs slow & erratic [ 0 Answers ]

When frist started, it runs great. After a while using it, it start running rough. The only way I keep it running, is playing with the choke lever, and then it still can't be used. RPM are down, & runs rough. No power, & when I move the throttle down it runs even for a second, then back to rough,...

Extremely Slow Shower Drain [ 5 Answers ]

The drain in my shower is extremely slow. I have tried using common liquid clog removers, but they have not helped one bit. I have also tried to use an Auger that I have, but I can get no further than a couple of inches into the drain. When I look down the drain there is actually water that is...

View more questions Search