Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pitter Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Water Filter Systems
    I am currently using an ionizing water filter system (Bel Ozono sold in South America) with two filters to treat water from a cistern. My concern in addition to giardia is decomposing animal matter (insects, lizards, snakes that fall in and drown). I wonder if there is a more effective undersink system. Have suffered no stomach ills so far using the current system but would like to install the all out best.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 10, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitter
    I am currently using an ionizing water filter system (Bel Ozono sold in South America) with two filters to treat water from a cistern. My concern in addition to giardia is decomposing animal matter (insects, lizards, snakes that fall in and drown). I wonder if there is a more effective undersink system. Have suffered no stomach ills so far using the current system but would like to install the all out best.
    Is this "cistern water" used for drinking as well as washing, bathing etc?
    Pitter Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Yes it´s the only water source. Actually water arrives at a concrete holding tank via gravity from a spring and is then pumped to another tank on the mountainside above the house so the house is gravity fed also. The Bell Ozono system is installed at the kitchen sink and supplies drinking water only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Filter [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, After replacing my less than four year old water heater due to build up of crud I was wondering if there is a filter I can put on after the HWH to catch any crud that may slip through. My wife was complaining about pieces of rock in the water when she was taking a hot bath so I...

Water dripping onto furnace filter [ 4 Answers ]

This will probably be hard to diagnose without seeing the problem but I though I would run it by you guys since the HVAC tech wasn't sure what to do. I have a lennox heat pump with the furnace in our garage. It is an upflow unit so the filter is at the bottom of the unit with the coils and drip pan...

Whole House water filter [ 2 Answers ]

This past weekend I replaced my old water softener with a new one. While looking at the different models at Lowe's, I also noticed that they recommend a whole house water filter as a "pre-filter". As long as I was replacing the water softener, I figured I might as well add the filter. While I...

Whole house water filter [ 3 Answers ]

Recently we delt w/ a partial blockage of our boiler heating coil. We assumed it was from calcification but after the blockage was flushed by the heating repair person, we found it to be small chips of rock/sand. To prevent it further I would like to filter the water as it comes into the house...

Culligan whole house water filter [ 2 Answers ]

Found one at Ace Hardware. Any suggestions on any other stores that I would find this whole house water filter at? Doing a comparison shop so I can get the best price to have my neighbor install it in 1 month.

View more questions Search