Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 24, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Sunblock or sunscreen?
    What is the difference between sunblock and sunscreen? Is one stronger than the other?. what is the highest spf sunscreen/sunblock out there?
    SimpleBeautiful Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Jun 18, 2009, 09:11 PM

Hi SweetChica21,

Sunscreen acts as a filter and absords "some" of the UV rays but protects against burning. The UV rays that are being absorbs can cause the skin to tan a bit and darken. If you are trying to lighten I would not use sunscreen. But, if you do get a higher spf.

Sunblock acts as a barrier between your skin and the sun not allowing any rays to pass through avoiding burns as well as darkening.

Depending on what are your needs for your skin you will need to research both and determine what spf and whether sunblock vs sunscreen is best for you.

The highest spf is 70 but I do believe there is one higher that is Neutrogena 100. (not sure)

All need to be applied every few hours. Just because it is spf 100 does not mean you can stay out the entire day without reapplying. You can research the spf again to determine what you need.

Normally the spf is multiplied by 10 to tell how many minutes you can be exposed to the sun. But again it should be applied every few hours. And make sure you can one with UVB and UVA protection.

Hopes this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best sunblock? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best sunblock, or what the best SPF is? Right now I'm using Neutrogena with spf 70. It is running low and I want to try something else.

Sunblock/Sunscreen/Day cream with SPF [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, is it same using a day cream with SPF 15 or sunblock/sunscreen with same SPF? I am a bit lazy so I was planing to use just day cream with SPF in it than to use any other product and then sunblock,, do u guys have something to tell me... thanx :)

Sunblock for dogs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my parents border collie Jack is having problems when out in the sun. He has pink bits on the bridge of his nose and these burn easily when he's out in the sun. We've tried applying children's sunblock to the area but he just licks it off. Ive been online and found that there is sunblock...

Unnecessary sunscreen [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot understanhd for the life of me why it is so necessary that I must wear sunscreen nearly everyday in order to "keep from re-darkening". I am a student who leaves my home at 7 am when the sun is not very well in sight and I spend my days in a school building where sunlight is not directly...

View more questions Search