Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mama4689 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 06:31 AM
    Clearing the way for an aoption
    Hello my name is {personal info removed} and have a question concerning my sons biological father signing his parental rights away. Am not sure how I am to go about doing this so was wondering if you had any advice on were to start. To fill you in a little bit I am engaged and planning a wedding and my future husband loves my son as his own and wants to adopt him. I have spoken to {personal info removed} the biological father and he has agreed to sign his rights away but I honestly don't know were to start.
    Thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 7, 2010, 08:47 AM

Where you start is to find a Family Law attorney in your area. It is better to have an attorney draw up the paperwork for the adoption and termination of rights. This is to make sure everything is done properly. Also there will be requirements that will depend on your local area so a local attorney will know what those requirements are. For example, most states require you be married for at least a year before the step parent can adopt.

For future reference, please don't piggy back your question on someone else's this can often cause confusion. Also, please take more care to choose the forum to post in. Your question has actually been asked many times before. Had you browsed around the proper forum, you might have found your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips for clearing fields? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi: We are planning to clear our fields again. They were last hayfields about 20 years ago and unfortunately are now overgrown with willos and spruce trees. We have a D7 dozer, which is old, but new to us. Previous experience with smaller dozer. Any tips on clearing fields, getting rid of...

Yeast infection not clearing [ 1 Answers ]

I have had what I thought is a yeast infection for a couple of weeks now, and I am using the canesten cream, which I have used before, as I have been prone to getting the infection. Only it doesn't seem to be clearing up, and I don't know what to do. I am so tired of having the same symptoms every...

What to do in Clearing, when I've got my results [ 1 Answers ]

When I get my results in August Because I don't have a placement at any of the unis I'm automatically put into clearing Basically What do I do on the day? I get my results, and then what? Call up the unis and say, "ive got these grades can i come to your uni?" I'm mega confused on what to do...

Clearing immigration [ 2 Answers ]

I asked a previous question in regards to clearing immigration in UK with a US bench warrant. I did not get solid answer. My friend cleared immigration in the caribbean without any thing coming up so do any of you think he will be able to make it to the UK.

Clearing old data [ 4 Answers ]

When filling out forms for contests etc. My PC recalls previously entered email addresses when clicking in the email field. Is there a way to remove old or inaccurate email entries that drop down in the field. Xp home

View more questions Search