Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fbmbmx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Civic motor swap now no spark car won't start
    Just swapped a japaneese d15b vtec engine into my 93 civic lx. Everything is hooked up and the motor turns over but won't start. Pulled a plug out and the motor is getting fuel but not spark... Any ideas? Maybe the coil (because the motor was cranked over without the plug wires hooked up to the distributer so that oil would lubricate everything, cause the motor had been sitting dry for awhile and didn't want it running for 10 seconds while everying got lubed). How do I tell if the coil is fried? Any help would be appreciated don't really want to take it in to the stealership but I will if I can't get it running... thanks
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 22, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Put a plug into the wire and ground the plug to the outside of the engine, have a friend crank the car for you and check for spark. Do you have voltage to the black / yellow wire going to the distributor.

There is a tutorial here somewhere for testing the coil and ignitor. No pics though.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-tr...tml#post265896

Found it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Won't Start - No Spark [ 13 Answers ]

The car is a 1994 Toyota Camry 4cyl automatic. Recently replaced blown head gasket. Car started after repair but ran for only 5 seconds before it died and wouldn't start again. After checking the timing belt and cam positions I cranked the engine and performed a spark test which produced a...

1989 Honda civic won't start! ( No SPark) [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everybody, My name is Leeboy! I am building or finished building a 1989 Honda civic entry level stock car for my girlfriend. I took all interior parts out( I left all the original wiring and harness for at this level we have to have lights and keep everything in original order) and installed a...

1990 honda civic dx hxbk w/91 CRX Si eng. Swap won't start [ 1 Answers ]

A few days ago my car started acting funny when I tried to start it. It was acting as if the battery didn't have enough juice to crank the motor. I let it sit for 15 seconds, tried again, and was on my way. It did the same thing a few more times and finally on Tuesday wouldn't start at all. I'm...

Civic 2000,fuel and spark, no start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Civic 1.6 ,single cam ,that quit running.Engine turns over,good battery,fuel pump runs,injectors get fuel and signal to open and close.Also, it has spark and the engine timing is fine, but it does not start.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Working on 98 civic dx cd player something burned now car won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I was working on rewiring my cd player because 3 of my speakers stop working and burned something but replaced the radio fuse under hood and worked again. Also tinkled with my old cd player to see if speakers work and 3 of them did but I put my after market one back in after re wiring and it worked...

View more questions Search