Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistergjs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 02:27 PM
    Braided Sink Supply Lines
    Problem with braided supply lines to new utility sink, when I hooked them up and turned the water on it only ran for a couple seconds then just stopped, took the lines off and turned the shut off on, and it ran out of there fine, put the supply line on the shut off and hung it in the sink, turned the shut off on and again ran for couple seconds then shut off. I am not ove tightening it, just hand tight. The line is not clogged cause I can low thu it, this happens with both hot & cold. HELP!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 04:16 PM

Hi GJS...

Sounds like you may have a pair of FLOODSAFE AUTO. SHUT OFF braided hoses... see image.

These braided hoses automatically shut off water flow when the inside sensor detects excessive flow. They sounded like a good idea but they turned out to be a nuisance because they shut off like they did on you or they shut off a few days after installing... awful setup really! They reset once they get disconnected.

If you have these then return them and purchase regular braided hoses and you should be all set after that.

Let me know if this is correct... OK?

Mark
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 07:05 PM

I agree with Mark,

And will add this to his suggestion, Important: Removing the faucet aerator or flow restrictor may cause the FloodSafeŽ to activate shutting off flow to the faucet, please open the link below for more information, thanks.

John

FloodSafe® Automatic Water Shutoff Connectors - New Products - Watts
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 12, 2010, 08:27 AM

Unable to rate of you, Mark / John...

Yes, nice catch... Flood-Safe supplies. They cannot be used where water closes too rapidly, like on washing machine or toilet. Always gave us nothing but troubles. So we finally stopped using them...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use braided stainless hose as a supply to my well pressure tank's brass tee? [ 0 Answers ]

Replacing an old standard style 30 gallon well pressure tank with a Flotec 36 gallon bladder tank (82gal. equiv.) Because of the location of the pipe fitting coming out of the concrete floor not matching up with the new tank fitting, it seems it would be easier to use a flexible braided stainless...

Connecting Copper Supply Lines to Brass Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have just started remodeling my kitchen and am looking to move my kitchen sink further down the wall. The kitchen is completely gutted at this point. The supply lines in my house are all brass. I'm looking to stem off the brass lines using copper tubing. Is it possible to cut the brass supply...

Water supply lines [ 3 Answers ]

After how many years should toilet, sink, washing machine, fill lines be replaced ?

Supply lines [ 3 Answers ]

Just a question regarding supply lines. I'm pretty sure I'm going with CPVC for the supply side. Planned on making a 3/4" or 1" manifold then branching off that with 3/4" for the main lines with 1/2" for all my fixtures. I have to supply 2 full baths, 1 kitchen and to outside spickets. Can I...

Replacing two supply lines with one [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I find a table showing flow volume for water pipe? I'm replacing two iron 3/4" pipes with a single line - a second floor bath & I"m replacing the hot/cold with just a cold supply then splitting and doing a point of use water heater.

View more questions Search