Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onekoolj4y Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Chronic bronchitis and emphysema
    My dad worked down the pit for 20 years and caught this disease,he has made a claim with the coal board and they have offered him £1.200 settlement,should he appeal or take the money.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
    It is correct that they offered him 2 U.S. dollars? That is what the UK conversion is to this.

He should appeal for more money and to include all current and future medical expenses.
    bank_rob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Have you provided them proof that he has got chronic bronchitits due to his work’s nature? If your dad is a heaver smoker or alcoholic then it will be very difficult for him to get the compensation….. because smoking can be the cause of the bronchitis and emphysema. You need to give them the proof….my dad is a patient of chronic bronchitis and he got this disease because he was smoking excessively. Now, it is a pity to see him wailing in pain, coughing….. he is following a treatment but we all know that this disease can never be cured but controlled; he takes a medicine called brondecon; http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3127-s-BRONDECON.aspx it controls the disease efficiently. What drugs does your dad take….. I mean what the doctor has suggested him to take or what are the advice that he has given to your dad? Perhaps these tips can help my dad too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chronic Bad Breath [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know what can be used for chronic bad breath? Is there an operation that can be performed or a special mouthwash?

Chronic Headaches [ 1 Answers ]

What do you suggest to help a teenager who has a headache all the time, she is 17 now and has had headaches since puberty. Some times they are severe and other days milder but they are ALWAYS there.

Chronic nightmares [ 24 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) 8 years ago, after witnessing a shooting in my family. I used to have very dehabilitating symptoms and wasn't able to go to school or work, but after years of intensive treatments I've improved dramatically. However, I still have constant,...

Chronic Crushes [ 5 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship with a wonderful person for almost 4 years now. I love him dearly and would never jeopardize what we have. The most annoying thing is that I have found myself having crushes, the most recent of which has got me thinking about the relationship. This new crush is not a...

View more questions Search