Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuckerhs Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Google search being hijacked to strange web pages
    When I do a Google search, the usual page of results appears, but when I click on any of the results, instead of openning the page on which I clicked, a strange page appears which seems to be a commercial search or list of possible links. Is this a spyware invasion? How do I stop this from happening?
    Thanks
    IT Helpp Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Apr 8, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Do a quick search on your hard drive for a file HOSTS
    A normal file will not have any website addresses listed. Many spyware programs will add their own entries to this file.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Apr 12, 2008, 07:55 PM
    1. Download and run Firefox to protect your from future spyware attacks and pop ups which are coming in through Internet Explorer IE! (Trojan downloaders, win32 ).
    Security News from the net: spyware fighter essentials

2. Run the vundo and combo fix Security News from the net: vundofix and combo fix

3. Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Security News from the net: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

4. Run the anti spyware remove programs spybot Security News from the net: Spybot search and destroy spyware and popups and superantispyware Security News from the net: SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version) to get rid of the nasties

5. Run a complete scan with free curing utility Dr.Web CureIt!
    Dr.Web CureIt! – download free anti-virus! Cure viruses, Best free anti-virus scanner!

Malware & Spyware Removal Guides

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Search engines -google [ 3 Answers ]

:) What the best search engine to use?

Web Pages [ 1 Answers ]

Whem I click on an icon on my desk top the web page comes up in the small size. I would like to know how to make it come up in the large size

Google Desktop Search [ 3 Answers ]

Is anyone familiar with Google's Desktop Search program? I am using Microsoft's Desktop Search because I can limit it to indexing just my e-mail and the My Documents folder. I like Google's Desktop Search, but I don't want it to index all my hard drives. I can't see any way to limit it in...

View more questions Search