Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gozarian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2004, 03:51 PM
    Hampton bay Ceiling fan wall control
    I have a hampton bay delano ceiling fan, it came with a wall wired remote control. The wall remote uses rf to control the fan, it is wired into the house electrics. The wall remote has 2 black wires and a green ground. Both of the black wires have a note that says not to wire them into the white neutral wire, the instructions say to connect one of the wires to the ceiling fan. However I can't do that. Is there really anything wrong with wiring the wall remote like a switch, one lead to black, one lead to white? Or can I put both leads on black?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2004, 07:23 PM
    Re: Hampton bay Ceiling fan wall control
    I am not making sense of your question. Are you sure the remote with the 2 black wires isn't the receiver and needs to be wired in between the supply cable and the fan like any other switch. Then you operate it with a transmitting remote? I would read the instructions carefully before connecting either one of the wires.
    frstrain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2005, 06:03 PM
    Hampton bay wall switch
    Look at the old wall switch. You should have a white wire going into the switch and a white wire coming out of the switch going to the fan. You also have a ground wire (solid copper) and a black wire. The black wire might only be looped, i.e. not cut, at the wall switch. Disconnect your old switch. You should now have two white wires and two black wires (and a ground). You need to determine which black wire is HOT (using a voltmeter or tester). The other old black wire heads to the fan (it will not have voltage) .To connect the hampton bay wall switch you need to remove the two white wires from your old switch and JOIN THEM together with a connector. The HOT black wire connects to one of the black wires on the new fan switch (it is labeled for the hot power). The other black wire gets connected to the new black wire on the switch that is labeed TO THE FAN). Connect the ground wires.

BY THE WAY... TUrn the circuit breaker OFF. Only have it on if you need to determine which are the hot wires in the old switch... and then turn it back off while you make connections.
    old_voodoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2005, 07:58 PM
    Wall remote in same circuit as fan?
    This threat is from January, but I just got a Hampton Bay fan with a wall remote unit. The remote unit does have the two black wires and the green ground, and I connected it according to the manual and everytning works fine.

BUT... I just test connected the wall remote to make sure it works right at the ceiling fan because my ceiling wiring does not have a wall switch, so I'm wondering if I connect the wall remote to a different circuit, i.e. not to the black cable that goes to the fan, but to any other black cable, if it will work.

TIA
    larcinmar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2005, 08:35 PM
    I'm new and have a Hampton Bay fan that I need help with. I can't turn the fan off?? I don't have the model # but I have the FCC ID # on the back of the remote. The fan also has a round tube light (which doesn't work and I don't know where to get another bulb - I've asked just about everywhere and no one seems to sell them). The remote has 8 buttons. I see where it says to check the switches but there are none on the back of this remote only a space for three AAA batteries. There is a 'hole' in the back to set for F/C temp. It says the fan is off but it's not..

I can change the remote to say manual, auto and change the temp and make all the buttons come on the remote but nothing is turning the darn thing off... Can anyone help?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 12, 2005, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by old_voodoo
    This threat is from January, but I just got a Hampton Bay fan with a wall remote unit. The remote unit does have the two black wires and the green ground, and I connected it according to the manual and everytning works fine.

BUT... I just test connected the wall remote to make sure it works right at the ceiling fan because my ceiling wiring does not have a wall switch, so I'm wondering if I connect the wall remote to a different circuit, i.e. not to the black cable that goes to the fan, but to any other black cable, if it will work.

TIA
    The wall remotes are made to replace a wall switch. Connect it to another circuit, and it will control that circuit. If you can't locate the feed to the ceiling fixture, you could add a box for the wall remote on the ceiling near the fan, and run the feed over to the box and back. Perhaps you could exchange the fan for one with the remote built into the fan.
    maninredtrousers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2005, 06:14 PM
    Hampton bay ceiling fan
    Hello all! I have a hampton bay ceiling fan with a wireless remote control. I'm not sure of the model# of the fan, but the remote has a model # on the back of it that is: UC7030T. Every button on the remote works except for the light dimmer button. It doesn't even make the red led indicator illuminate while the others do. I believe this will be the key to making the light on my fan work (I bought the condo with the fan). Please help!.
    If anyone has any car questions I'll feel free to try and help!
    rob123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2005, 12:02 PM
    Solution for broken button on hampton ceiling fan UC7030T
    Hi - I have 2 identical hampton bay ceiling fans with remotes that indicate model UC7030T. I had the same problem with one of my remotes. I toyed with the idea of taking apart the remote to fix the contact on the button but didn't. The following worked for a while...

Take a screwdriver or pen and press down hard on the center of the button that doesn't work. You can rest the remote on a table while you do this. It doesn't need to be pointed directly at the fan. Be careful not to stab yourself! If you have the same problem I had the red indicator light will go on. Quickly release the button and your remote should work. This only worked for a few months until the remote completely fell apart. I'm going to look for a universal remote control at radio shack or somewhere else that controls ceiling fans as well as tv's, dvd's etc.
    Mister Mike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2005, 04:24 PM
    Remote Control Hampton Bay Fan
    Can't seem to turn OFF my fan. It has a remote about the size of my TV's remote, which controls the light and the fan.

Too complex, even for a college grad, I guess. HELP!
    may05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2005, 07:40 PM
    Hampton Bay
    You can call Hampton Bay toll free number for technical assistance for installation at 877-527-0313 you must have the upc number which is a 12 digit number (no letters) that can be found in your instruction manual on the 2nd page or on your receipt or on top of your fan motor housind in a foil sticker and they will be able to assist
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 10:01 PM
    Ok, if one or more buttons on a remote are not responding, try cleaning them. "Tuner cleaner" or Electrical Contact Cleaner is available at any hardware store. I use QD Electrical Contact Cleaner from Menards or Home Depot.

For more information on ceiling fan remote issues:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Edit.. . I should clarify, my response was to one of the later posts, who mentioned a problem with buttons not responding on his remote. If the original question was never resolved (hard to tell from the thread) let me know and I will respond to that as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall Speed control on old ceiling fan install new with pull switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old celing fan purchased in the 80's with a wall mount speed control knob. I purchased a Hampton Bay, Huntinton III 522-306 3 speed control with a pull chain. When installing the unit the fan does not work. I have a white wire, a black wire, a blue wire for the light and a ground...

Hampton Wall Lamp [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed two new Hampton Wall Lamps, replacing my outdoor gargage lights. My problem is that I reconnected white to white, black to black, and ground to ground in the same manner as the units replaced. When I turned the power back on, no lights? I tried grounding two different ways, wire to...

3-Way Hampton Bay with Wall remotes? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal and please bare with me, this might be kind of long. Anyhow here goes. I bought a new Hampton Bay fan that came with the remote control. It came with a wireless remote control and the receiver is built in to the fan housing. The previous fan was wired to three switches. (A...

Bypass Hampton Bay fan remote to wall control? [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a room addition to my house and we prewired the room for a fan wall controller. The wall controller will allow me th dim the fan lights and the recess lights all at once and the fan control to control the fan speed of course. I am in a big mess now because the fan I bought from home...

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

View more questions Search