Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyLongitude Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Is it weird to be 21 and to have never had a boyfriend?
    Is it weird to be 21 and have never had a boyfriend before? Im extremely independent and have always been occupied with athletics and having a lot of friends. I am over the hookups and random one night stands. I want a man not a boy in my life. Im surrounded by little boys in manly bodies, yea I'm in college. I feel I can talk to a person who is like ten years older then me then actually talking to guys my age. There are certain things that I expect from a man and the biggest of all is respect. I don't get respect, instead I have the pigs who love a body rather then a brain.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Date older men... most girls your age do.

(btw, Im 30 ;) j/k)

Oh yea... weird? Ummm.. sort of, especially since you apparently have "a body" but who cares if its weird? The only downside to that is the inexperience you will have going into a potential relationship with someone that you really do like... and he likes/respects you.

You don't want to make stupid mistakes that you could have learned in previous relationships.

Jul 31, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    date older men... most girls your age do.

(btw, Im 30 ;) j/k)

oh yea... weird? ummm.. sort of, especially since you apparently have "a body" but who cares if its weird? The only downside to that is the inexperience you will have going into a potential relationship with someone that you really do like... and he likes/respects you.

You dont want to make stupid mistakes that you could have learned in previous relationships.
    I have grown up with an older brother who is an addict and treated me like . I am so insecure its not even funny. I always feel there is another girl out there better then me so any guy who is ever interested I find reasons to not like them. I can't handle compliments and I get guys who stare or whistle or look me up and down like I'm on display or something. I don't know why I take this in a negative way but I do. I feel like guys are pigs but I know not every guy is.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 03:16 PM
    That's something inside of you that you are going to have to come to terms with. If you stick to those thoughts, you will ultimately always be alone.

Very negative...

But overcomable.

Look within... ask questions... find answers... you will be okay.

I realize that you are likely more mature than some most of the boys your age, but those thoughts are holding you back. I don't mean this offensively, but those are "immature" thoughts. You will have to overcome them to move forward.

Aug 1, 2008, 06:02 AM
    I am not easily offended, I appreciate honesty. So thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I weird? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm 14 I'm in the 8th grade and I HATE make up and I don't like wearing skirts or dresses... I barely ever wear shorts all I like to wear is blue jeans a t-shirt and my hoodie... is that weird??

Is it weird? [ 23 Answers ]

Would you guys think it would be weird if your (male) boss put his hands on either side of your thighs like... in line with that crease of the top of your leg and butt, but from like behind you.. Like you were standing in front of him and to the left, and he was sort of squatted down diagonally...

This is weird! [ 2 Answers ]

I think a secret route behind my house is haunted. Its really really old and wrecked and one time I saw somebody in there I didn't see his face, but I think he heard me coming because he ran away I went back there later and there was a rope hanging from a tree to a fence and the fence was all...

A little weird [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I started my period nov.28th, and got off that next Wednesday, dec. 6th. And for some weird reason, I started again this Tuesday, the 12th, and I have no clue why. I shouldn't have started until the last week of this month or the first week of next month. The last time I had sex was this...

This is weird =/ someone help! [ 6 Answers ]

Sry if this has been asked before but I'm a plumbing noob and have no idea what is going on. A few weeks ago I heard a noise under my house (crawl space) and it sounded like something was taking a hammer and just banging on the wall near my washer and dryer room. After a while it went away, so I...

View more questions Search