Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigt1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan With Neon Light Kit
    I have purchased and installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a blue neon light kit. It was neat at first, but I am trying to sell my home and really need a more conservative light kit. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a replacement or if it can be replaced at all? Please advise.

Thanks,

Troy
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Is the neon light part of the fan housing or installed at the bottom of the fan?
    bigt1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 07:52 AM
    The neon light appears to be installed at the bottom of the fan.

Thanks,

Troy
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 22, 2007, 07:59 AM
    If the light is held onto the fan hoiusing with 2 or 3 screws it can probably be removed. Compare it to the light kits available at home stores. Compare screw positions and the wiring. In many cases you can switch it out. Your luck will be better to start with a Harbor Breeze light kit.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:32 PM
    If it is installed to the bottom of the fan you should be able to switch it with whatever light kit you purchase.
    seanliamfinn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2011, 05:36 PM
    Where can I find the transformer , the tyype 2 indoor neon power supply or the neon onlight my doens t work ay moe and the manufacturer says the fan is ddiscontinued?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HARBOR Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 16 Answers ]

We have a harbor breeze ceiling fan. The blades have quit turning but the motor continues to hum when switch is on. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? I called Lowe's and they told me to turn the blades by hand with the switch off and if I heard a buzz it was probably the ball...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan w/ Light [ 11 Answers ]

Please help! I cannot figure out how to change the burnt out light in my ceiling fan. I have tried turning the glass portion, but it won't budge. Any ideas? I've tried the Harbor Breeze website, but cannot find the manual online. :( Thanks!

Harbor Breeze 52" Aero Ceiling Fan Light Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved into a new apartment, and the light in my ceiling fan blew out. I have tried and tried but can not seem to figure out how to open the light fixture to replace the bulb. Any suggestions?

Harbor Breeze Neon Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I purchase a Harbor BreezeŽ 52" Neon Light Ceiling Fan around 6 months ago and of course I no longer have the manual. The light is inop. Do I need to change the power supply or find an entire new light fixture?

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Harbor Breeze ceiling fan is 2 years old. It suddenly stopped responding to the remote control. Battery in remote is new. Dip switches in original position on remote (all 4 up). Cannot see switches on motor housing without dismantling it. Anything to do to avoid calling service person to...

View more questions Search