Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jim T Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 04:33 AM
    Combination shower fan on GFI
    I am installing a combination fan, light, night light shower fan in a new shower, all of which are on separate switches. The electrician pulled all three switches to the panel box. It sounds to me that I will need to install 3 GFI breakers. Will I need to have all 3 on separate GFI breakers? What is the code for this situation?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2006, 04:38 AM
    The fan,light, and night light does not need separate circuits, all can be on one GFI.This can be protected by the GFI receptacle that may be in the bathroom, or by one GFI breaker.

Why did he feed each switch with separate feeds?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a GFI [ 1 Answers ]

In my breaker box for my pool pump, there is a GFI outlet. Would it be possible to daisy chain another GFI outlet off it? I am wanting to put an outlet about sixty feet from where the box is at by my pool.

New - gfi issues [ 8 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement... installing a GFI outlet at the beginning of the chain for some outlets... having an issue with GFI... I have the load and Line wire correctly identified and installed into the repsective places on the GFI Outlet... When I turn on the break with an device plugged...

GFI outlets [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older home with no GFI outlets. What is involved in installing them, and how many do I need? Thanks, Roca

Gfi with switch [ 5 Answers ]

I want to replace my bathroom receptacle with switch (for overhead lite) with a gfi w/switch. My source hot line comes in with a 2 wire line (black/white). The line in the wall has a 3 wire line (black/white/red). What is the proper way to wire the line side of the gfi and the load side? I want the...

Gfi circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if when wiring for 2 gfis for different circuits, do I need separate neutrals for each or just a common one

View more questions Search