Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bazhir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 01:31 AM
    Setting password for workgroups
    We are using windows xp in our company with 40 computers networked in a single lan,
    We have created workgroups like sales, accounts etc.. will u please give guidelines to setup
    Password for r workgroup so that only people in the same workgroup can access the files.
    That is only sales people can access computer in the sales workgroup and not accounts workgroup.
    Gfmotz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 08:45 AM
    You would be much better off using a domain then workgroups. Workgroups are not really meant to be used with so many computers. A domain would allow for much more control and security.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba laptop, bios password, power on password [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I just brought a laptop of a friend, he hasent used it in ages and has forgotten his bios password, the laptop is a toshiba satellite pro a10. We have no clue what the password is, and can't evan get to an xp screen because of it :( Any help would be greatly apprciated Cheers Jon

The Setting Superstar [ 3 Answers ]

I have this song by Jeff Buckley, but the album I have for it is Sensorium 8-31-00, after his death. I don't think it's even one of his songs. Here are the lyrics (somewhat): And the sun went to the highest bidder... (can't make out this part) Have you seen my wife, she's taken strangely...

Heat setting [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ny state and own a house with an apartment what is the correctthermasate setting for heat is the heat to be set at 68 degress or 72 degress > Where can I look up this information

Am I Just Setting Myself Up For Disapointment? [ 10 Answers ]

SORRRY IF THIS IS LONG PLEASE READ Okay I have a boyfriend we have been talking for three years. We broke up for about 3 1/2 months at one time. It was a whole bunch of drama, lies I found out he had a whole other girl friend and it hurt me so much. He had been with her for 3 years already but...

I'm I setting myself up? [ 2 Answers ]

So after a yr my boyfriend dumped me. He was sincerely as close as a person can get to perfect. I treated him poorly by letting my own personal issues, baggage and slight drinking problem get in the way, and every time it would cause an argument, I'd promise to this time be better. He was always...

View more questions Search