Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prechtel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 03:25 AM
    Blower on state select water heater
    75 gallon, gas State Select water heater with blower. Should the blower run all the time? If not when and why does it kick on?

>Moved from Forum Help<
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Hi Pretchel

NOPE... blower should not run all the time.

The blower should run when the water heater turns on to heat water and it should shut off shortly after that.

For example... a shower. The first few minutes you may not hear the blower turn on, but after some time the water heater senses that the water temperature is getting lower and it will turn the blower fan on and remove the combustion byproducts from heater ignition to the outside.

After the shower the blower may continue to blow for some time until the water heater is up to temperature again.

Now, if filling a hot tub, then blower would stay on even longer AFTER the tub is finished filling because it needs to recover (heat) a greater amount of water... so might seem that blower runs all the time.

BUT if blower does not shut off... then there is another problem. Get back to us and let us know what you think... Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State select water heater [ 1 Answers ]

My state select electric water heater,just stop working and I don't know how to bringing back to work,any ideas.

State Select Water Heater [ 1 Answers ]

I emailed Robershaw who's thermostat is on your water heater, and they said I had to ask you about it, as they design stats for different companies. The stat has hot - very hot on the right side of the dial. Even in the 'hot' setting, the water is too hot. On the left side of the dial are the...

State select water heater [ 2 Answers ]

How do I adjust the water temp?

View more questions Search