Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    branbbllkd23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Are they worth it?
    I was just wondering if u think long distance relationships are worth it and actually work for people?:confused:
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jul 30, 2007, 05:49 PM
    If you love each other and are committed it can work, but not for ever. To be with someone I believe you need to have contact with them. You would need to see them probably at least once a month. I had a long distance relationship for about a year until we decided it was just not working. I don't know if it was because we were so far away from each other or what. It is hard, but as long as you know you will be able to see them soon it can work, plus it is so exciting when you know you are going to see them or vise versa.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 05:55 PM
    They take a lot of hard work and trust. It is up to the individuals to determine if it is worth it.

If you have to ask the question then I dare say the answer is no.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Depends on how mature the people, it is very hard.
    It works well for older ones who have a grown soul.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 06:28 PM
    It all depends on what you want or need in a relationship. Sometimes even if you really want it to work it just sometimes cannot.

I was dating a guy for a while and he got promoted and with the promotion came a move to LA. We talked about and I thought long distance would be great. We were both super independent people, we loved one another but we had our own lives. He was making more then enough money where he could afford to fly me out or fly out himself once a month. Well, it worked for a bit then as he got more and more into the job it took up more and more time. He wouldn't get out of work until 10pm (1am in NJ) and it just became so difficult to talk on the phone or for him to get to personal emails during the day. Ultimately, it just wasn't what I needed. He understood and if he ever gets shipped back here who knows.

But what I'm trying to say is know that it's a lot of work and that it can do well if you are the sort of person who doesn't need to see your boyfriend every day or talk to them on the phone every day (btw our phone calls were originally only 2x a week). You have to trust that person so that you don't go crazy thinking they are out banging every girl in a 5 mile radius. It takes a lot of maturity for it to really work and I think you have to be really committed to that person because its pretty easy for another guy or girl to slide in.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Thank you for sharing us your story, Glinda.:)
    It also depends on if both of you think it's worth of it or not.
    Two of you are persistent and willing to build a solid relationship, makes it possbile!
    Rmemeber TWO of you!
    Things are harder when u don't have control on it.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 06:55 PM
    I speak as someone who has had two long distance relationships... if you truly love them and think it could go somewhere then yes, it is worth it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 08:11 PM
    It works for a while, but for the long term somebody has to make a move to get closer. At least have a plan.
    HaRLoS Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jul 30, 2007, 11:02 PM
    A friend of mine was dating a guy who lived an hour away from us... they dated for a year and a half... they had a good relationship, but it also depends on how much you want them around or if they are worth having only be able to see them maybe a couple nights a week... it depends how far away they are too... and if you both can drive... and you both have to be willing to go see each other! No matter how much money you spend on gas!
    Phily6996 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by branbbllkd23
    I was just wondering if u think long distance relationships are worth it and actually work for people?:confused:
    Well I live in Chipley and my boyfriend lives in ebro even though that's not quite an hour but we were always friends first so we get use to living that faraway. And we love each other so much so it doesn't matter to either of us. (and Harlos your right I didn't care how much gas money I had to spend to see my sweetheart I told him he's worth it and he said I'm worth it.)
    (NEED MORE ADVICE PLEASE HERE IS MY EMAIL [email protected] I give really good advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is it worth? [ 3 Answers ]

I have some old baseball cards and have no idea what they might be worth. They are: Nolan Ryan 1992 from Leaf, Inc. #22 of 26 Mark Davis 1991 from Leaf, Inc. #54 Andrew Neal Allanson 1191 Leaf, Inc. #42 Ivan Calderon 1991 Leaf, Inc. #48

Am I worth it? [ 7 Answers ]

This is dumb, but I just broke up with my boyfriend... yesterday and I'm sure I should just wait it out till I don't feel this way anymore, but am I worth it? Am I pretty at all? Will I every find a mature guy that really wants a relationship with me?

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

How much is this worth [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Chipper Jones national mvp league award card in good condition

Is this worth anything? [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased an etching in black ink at a estate sale- It says Native of Samatra on the etching. The artist is Lea Sterting. Below the name is the number 40. I was wondering if it may be worth anything. Thanks-

View more questions Search