Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GokuJr0101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Depression, why?
    OK I've been feeling a little down lately, I'm thinking it was because of me yelling at my g/f then she goes and says its because of her and I think it's a combination of stuff, I'm thinking it might be caused by my absence of bowling, I've been bowling for like 6 years now and I haven't bowled in like a month and I usually bowl at least once a week, and in thinking that might be it but I'm not sure, does any of this be the cause of my depression?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 08:12 AM
    I do not think you have depression. Many people freak out or automatically assume they are under depression. Does not sound like it too me. People go through changes. People go through different emotions. Things change. It does not mean you are depressed.

Wow, why are so many people thinking that just because they feel down or are going through rough patches automatically try to blame it on depression.

As far as the bowling thing, do you do your own thing from time to time still. You still need your own time even with a girlfriend. Maybe that is what you need. Go out bowling or do something else. It would not hurt to try, right.

Good luck with everything.

Joe
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 19, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Hey, if you want to be sure whether its depression, pm me or something, I've got info and stuff on it floating around that tells symptoms etc
    Also, don't let your girlfriend blame herself... I tend to blame myself for lots of stuff, and it sucks, don't let her think that its her fault

May 19, 2007, 05:36 PM
    The helpful info I had is saved on a h drive on a computer at school. It is the weekend. The info describes in detail the symptoms/causes.
    I can't remember most of it at the moment, I'm tired, but ill try.
    Symptoms of depression
    (not all symptoms have to be experienced, but usually a few of them)
    -Irritability -Insomnia -Low Self Esteem -Tiredness -Loss of Appetite -Extended Periods of sadness -Loss of interest/enjoyment -Lowered Libido that's all the symptoms I can remember of top of my head
    Types of depression
    Reactive- caused by an event/consequence etc
    Major- a depression that comes about for no apparent reason, believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain
    Seasonal Affective Disorder- depressive disorder in which depression is brought about by lack of light, usually worst at winter
    Manic Depression- Depression with Great ups and downs

Basically, if you have depression, its an extened period, like a month or two or a year etc, in which you feel down/sad/ emotionless or detached on a regular or constant basis.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 19, 2007, 07:43 PM
    If in the past month you have felt "down" and / or you have not enjoyed the things you normally do [ bowling? ] IT COULD BE depression. It doesn't mean that it is.
    Life has its ups and downs. Often times just talking to someone about it helps.

There are other symptoms of depression such as guilt, hopelessness, worthlessness; changes in sleep, appetite, concentration, memory, and energy level; suicidal thoughts.
    If this is you, seek professional help immediately.

Grace and peace Gokujr0101

May 19, 2007, 07:44 PM
    If it is depression, talk to someone you really trust and who has been there and who you feel is good to talk to about your probs, its good to get stuff of your chest.
    But remember, it mite not be depression! It could just be ups and downs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Her Depression has gotten the best of us. [ 3 Answers ]

... I am very shy about this, but here goes: I have been in a monogomous relationship for 10 and 1/2 years. We began dating when she was 20 and I was 19, and we went through all of the usual steps: we both lived with our parents, then alone individually, then (as of 4 years ago) together. For...

Is This Depression? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. For 6 months now I have been feeling strange... I have been suffering a loooong sinus infection as told by the doctor but nooo meds helped. Then I started getting incredibly tired and started losing my interest in almost everything. I also got engaged to the person who I neeeever...

Depression. [ 5 Answers ]

Ever Since I was 15 Years Old I had Depression. I would go see a Doctor all the time. I was always Down and Sad Feeling Hopeless with Just Everything in my Life. My Depression Would Come and Go For about Four Years Now. But Since my Twins were born ( 9 months ago) I have the worse Depression...

Depression [ 4 Answers ]

Name some of the pro's and con's of lifestyle changes verses medication in the treatment of depression?

Depression [ 31 Answers ]

I've suffered from depression for 4years and its getting to the stage of not coping! There are many causes of this and seeing a counselor didn't seem to help. Anti-depressants just seem to mask the symptoms, any suggestions? Please help can't cope anymore?

View more questions Search