Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silver79surfer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 11:36 AM
    How long do I have to leave being evicted. They gave me 2 days.
    I haven't packed anything, and the real estate broker sent a letter that states that I have to be out in 2 days. It seems like an unrealistic time table considering the size of the house and the amount of time it would take to remove items. I don't know Texas law, but don't they have to take me to court? Wouldn't I have more time than two days?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 11:46 AM
    What is their reason for evicting you? If you haven't paid the rent when it was due then they are required to give you a 3 day notice to pay or vacate the premises. If they are terminating your tenancy for any other reason then they must give you 30 days written notice.

If you have already been to court with the landlord and the landlord won a judgment of eviction then you would receive a written notice from the sheriff or constable, not a real estate broker, informing you of the eviction date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long in sc do you have to leave a home if your being evicted? [ 1 Answers ]

My land lord is going to put a lock on my door with all my belongings inside. I have not received any notice in writing. Is it legal to put a lock on someone's door ? What do I need to do at this point? Thanks, ...

Gave 60 days notice, Now what is my obligation for rent? [ 2 Answers ]

I was on a year lease which expired last month. The lease does state that after one year it will default to month to month, no problem. I am in the military and I found out last month also that I finally got base housing. The move in date is July 7th, due to the wording in my lease it says I must...

Renters gave only 10 days notice to move out [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am renting a house, and I had 2 other roomates that I sub-let to.. They both gave me 10 days notice and moved out. How much of their security deposit am I obligated to return? Is it legal to charge them for one more month's rent since they only gave me 10 days notice.. and take...

How long until I get evicted [ 2 Answers ]

For the last 3 years I have lived and paid for the house I'm living in, the house is in my dad's name (he has never paid a dime for anything on the house), this last week we have had a falling out, he demands that I get the house out of his name or move within 30 days. My problem with putting the...

View more questions Search