Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Kenmore dishwasher blinking washing light
    My Kenmore dishwasher model 587 has a blinking green washing light. It will not start. Is there a way to reset the panel?
    mookieblaylock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 10:03 PM
    I had the same condition. I would try to start the wash cycle and the "washing" light would just begin flashing. I was able to determine MY problem was in the door latch switch. I turned off power at the circuit breaker and turned it back on after 5 min. The lights were blinking in the power failure mode. I opened and closed the door and the condition did not reset as it should. The lights continued to blink indicating the unit did not recognize the door had been opened and closed. I will probably end up having to replace the door latch switch. I managed to get mine working again by removing it and exercising the switch mechanism (read: tapping on the actuator firmly and quickly) The contacts probably have debris or corrosion on them keeping them from making good contact when closed. (The contacts spring closed when the door is closed, they are forced open by the actuator when the door is open) The switch is sealed plastic so it is not advisable to try to open the switch and clean the contacts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blinking 'normal wash' light on kenmore dishwasher 665.17363301 [ 7 Answers ]

Model #: 665.17363301 This morning the 'normal wash' light started blinking and the dishwasher will not respond. I've turned the power off and on and it returns to the blinking light. The only other button that does anything (though not consistently) is the 'cancel/drain' button that when pushed...

Kenmore dishwasher not working. Lights blinking, tries but won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 66516712000 dishwasher. Tonight my daughter's bathtub was on the counter above it and the seam cracked letting a baby bath full of water drip down the counter and into the dishwasher. Now it has various lights blinking (Cancel is on, and turns on though I did not ask it too) ...

Kenmore Ultra Dishwasher with blinking Lock On light [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix my kenmore dishwasher with a blinking lock on light? I was told it might be a stuck key pad and I may have to change it out.

Kenmore Dishwasher has a blinking light and won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore dishwasher has a light blinking continuously over the "hi temp wash" button and will not start. Any help?

Kenmore Ultra wash blinking light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 7 years old. About 3 days ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock but it did nothing. I can push the cancel/drain button and that only causes them both to blink. I have tried cutting the...

View more questions Search