Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    o0bleach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Carrier 1990 90% efficient furnace
    I have a carrier furnace it starts up fine the little fan starts up the piot comes on then it goes click click and theburners ignite then the problem starts OK after the burners are lit they stay lits for 30 seconds or so and go right back out leaving the pilot lit then click click and it will light for just a min and go back off doing this a number of times so then if I take the cover off the box where the burners and piot is it lights when it clicks one time and the burners stay lit and run fime as long as the box is off . We tried taking the vent that goes to the top of it and it wouldn't stay lit then either so as long as the front to the box is off we have heat
    Please someone help me I have a two year old and not much money please help
    tjg Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 08:39 AM

I have seen that somtime their is a screen inside of burner compartment in the fresh air inlet on the furnace or on the underside of the top of burner compartment
    o0bleach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjg View Post
    i have seen that somtime thier is a screen inside of burner compartment in the fresh air inlet on the furnace or on the underside of the top of burner compartment
    There is a screen there but it is not clogged or anything therer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Blower runs, furnace won't ignite. ( pilot light IS WORKING) 1. filter was cleaned 2. thermostat reprogrammed . Is there anything we can do beafore calling service?

Carrier Gas Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

My Carrier 58SS gas furnace starts up and lights up the burners and operates normally for 2 minutes, then the burners shut down but the igniter and pilot light continue indicating the thermostat is requesting the furnace to heat up the house. I changed thermostats to see if that was the problem...

Carrier 1990 [ 15 Answers ]

Hello I have a carrier 1990 central gas heater not a heat pump the other day I turned it on and nothing I went into the garage and heard the ignitor clicking and could hear gas coming out of the pilot but no flame I measured the volts coming out of the ignitor box and it was 10 volts I then turned...

Carrier 1990 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a carrier 1990 central gas heater not a heat pump the other day I turned it on and nothing I went into the garage and heard the ignitor clicking and could hear gas coming out of the pilot but no flame

View more questions Search