Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkentucky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Kenmore dryer won't start, light does come on
    My kenmore dryer model 110 series 67834794 won't start when I push the start button. The light comes on when you open the door, so I am thinking I must be getting power. I bought an electrical tester and tested the start button and it shows it is getting power. All the web sights I have looked at have said it is probably the thermostat fuse (?) or the door latch part (its a rectangle white part with wires) Yep I am not really a dryer repair gal... just don't have the money to replace it or get a repairman:confused. Or the start button. OK so if it is the thermostat fuse would I still get power at all meaning the light comes on. Could it be the cycle selector knob (that one did not light up with the electrical tester) or could it be the door latch even though the light still comes on which makes me think the electrical part of it is working. Also when I push the start button, I hear a little sound for a second or so. Any advice anyone has would be ever so greatly appreciated.
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

May 15, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Your light would still come on if the Thermo fuse was bad. They should be a separate circuit. Can you describe the "little sound" at all?

Morrowrj
    LordLethal Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kkentucky
    My kenmore dryer model 110 series 67834794 wont start when I push the start button. The light comes on when you open the door, so I am thinking I must be getting power. I bought an electrical tester and tested the start button and it shows it is getting power. All the web sights I have looked at have said it is probably the thermostat fuse (?) or the door latch part (its a rectangle white part with wires) Yep I am not really a dryer repair gal....just dont have the money to replace it or get a repairman:confused. Or the start button. OK so if it is the thermostat fuse would I still get power at all meaning the light comes on. Could it be the cycle selector knob (that one did not light up with the electrical tester) or could it be the door latch even though the light still comes on which makes me think the electrical part of it is working. Also when I push the start button, I hear a little sound for a second or so. Any advice anyone has would be ever so greatly appreciated.
    If you take the back off you will see the element in a long verticle canister. You will see the two wire fuse on the top of the can.make sure you unplug the dryer first then unplug the fues and jump the two wires together then carefully plug the unit back in and see if it works.I am a appliance tech. if you still need help let me know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dryer won't heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore dryer that will not heat, however on the timed dryer cycle the timer advances to 0 but it will not shut off model 110.66514794 Thanks

View more questions Search