Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnd_3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Stuck and broken kitchen pipe
    Hi, I had a pipe under my kitchen sink rust and crack. I bought PVC pipe to replace and as I was removing the piece of pipe that is long and that goes into the floor, it broke off right near the pipe coming through the floor. I can not budge it, I have sprayed WD40 and still no movement. How can I get the pipe out so I can finish? Thanks
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 06:58 AM

Need more info.

If poosible, can u send a picture?

Is there a connection holding 2 pipes together?

Does pipe go into concrete floor or wood?

What is material pipe is made of?

Answer these questions and we should be able to help u.

Chuck

Aug 28, 2009, 12:54 PM
    This pipe fits into and is not threaded into a pipe that comes up through my floor. It is a metal pipe and appears to be just "stuck" for lack of a better term. All the other pipes were rusted and I removed them. This one however I can't seem to remove. I tried WD40, but it didn't help. I am unable to post pictures, my camera is broken. Sorry wish I could be of better help.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 12:08 AM

Please answer rest of questions.

Chuck

Aug 29, 2009, 04:22 AM
    The pipe is not held by any connections, it just fits down into the pipe, it goes through the bottom of my cabinet into the floor. I am unsure what material the pipe is made of, it is a metal, it's not cooper.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 29, 2009, 05:47 AM

It's very hard to visualize you piping. Sounds like you have a "S" trap. What's under the kitchen floor, do you have a basement or a crawl space. How about putting up a drawing of you piping. Is the piping going through the floor a bright shinny chrome or a dull silver pipe?

Aug 31, 2009, 04:10 AM
    I finally cut the pipe at the level of the other pipe added an adapter and it is now working. Thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing broken pipe threading from inside another pipe [ 11 Answers ]

While trying to unscrew the shower flange (the pipe that comes out of the wall that you attach the shower head to) from the pipe in the wall, the flange broke at the threading that goes into the pipe in the wall, so the threading from the flange is inside the pipe in the wall. We were told to use...

Broken drain pipe under kitchen sink [ 13 Answers ]

Trying to remove the trap under the kitchen sink, I managed to break the pipe. Now the piece right behind the trap is stuck in the pipe that comes out of the wall, I cannot seem to pull it free. What's the best way to get this out?

Mtd Yard Machine / Broken or stuck hydrostatic relief valve ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello People, I have a 1997, 46" deck, Hydrostatic lawn tractor. The relief valve worked fine for a few years, then just stopped working. This valve when activated will allow the tractor to be moved with the engine off ! I have followed the relief lever to the linkage back to the point of...

Broken pipe under kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

I have had what appeared to be dirt coming up into my bathtub after using it. The plumber snaked the pipe and said that he hit mud and that the end of the snake was shiny which indicated to him that the pipe is broken. He believes that the break is probably under the kitchen floor which is on...

I'm Stuck: broken screws holding bathtub drain plate [ 1 Answers ]

I have run into a problem trying to fix the mechanism in the bathtub that catches hair that otherwise might clog the bathtub drain. This is a Kohler product. I removed the round knob that moves the drain up and down. Then when I went to remove the brass screws that hold the plate underneath...

View more questions Search