Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arturogarcia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Civic won't start , when ignition is turned on all it does is click, had battery chec
    Had battery checked and it checked out good. Used car in the afternoon got home and when I went to use it later all it did was click , lights turn on , no dimming of them
    What can be the problem
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 10:35 AM

Try another battery. Your symptoms sound like a fading/bad battery.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 02:15 PM

This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

I would still remove and fully charge the battery. Most auto parts stores will do this for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Civic LX won't start--new starter, battery, etc. [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, so I have a 1993 Honda Civic LX. 1.5 liter engine, 16 valve, non VTEC engine. It USED to not start during hot weather and sometimes quick trips to the store (when left in the parking lot). If I were to let it sit again after the failed start for a few minutes, then it'd start back up...

95 Honda civic won't start until after 2nd click [ 5 Answers ]

My 95 Honda civic won't start until after the 2nd click when the key is in the start position. When it starts, it runs fine and doesn't die at all. However, when it sits for a while, it behaves the same way again(cranks, but won't start, until after the sound of the 2nd click at which time the...

94 honda civic dx won't start, no crank or click. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 94 honda civic dx. My civic was running really good until I got out of work and it just didn't want to start. I turn the key on and all the lughts on the dash turn on, then I I try starting and it just doesn't do anything at all, no crank, clicks nothing. The fuel pumo is working. If a...

95 Honda Civic Won't Start; Might Be Battery or Alternator? [ 2 Answers ]

My battery died while I was at work the other day for no reason (no headlights on, no dome lights on, no door ajar, etc) and after getting a jump start, I took the car to Wal-mart to get a new battery. Here they told me my car just needed to be charged. The next day, I got in my car to go to work...

Honda Civic 99 won't start good battery [ 1 Answers ]

Coming from vacation after 5 days my civic 99 DX won't start. When I try it cranks for while but no luck. So I took the battery to checker they told battery needs to replace. I changed the battery. Still no luck. Could anybody please suggest what I need to do next? I know very little about car...

View more questions Search