Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Uvburn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Ignition problem
    I have a Miller propane furnace with hot surface ignition. Most of the time it starts and ignites fine, but sometimes the furnace will start but will not light until you open the door and shut it so it resets.I have replaced the Honeywell single try hot suface igniter with a new 3-try igniter. It was working fine for the first day, but I had to restart it that night.I have watched to see if it was the igniter. The igniter heated up and glowed but when the gas valve should have opened,it didn't. Think maybe it is a gas valve problem?
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Sep 29, 2006, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvburn
    I have a Miller propane furnace with hot surface ignition. Most of the time it starts and ignites fine, but sometimes the furnace will start but will not light until you open the door and shut it so it resets.I have replaced the Honeywell single try hot suface igniter with a new 3-try igniter. It was working fine for the first day, but I had to restart it that night.I have watched to see if it was the igniter. The igniter heated up and glowed but when the gas valve should have opened,it didnt. Think maybe it is a gas valve problem?

Need a little more info.

M3RL080?

Gas pressure readings at manifold?

Age and has it been serviced recently?
    Uvburn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Cmf 80 pg
    Model pbg-2-di
    3 years old mobile home furnace
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Oct 2, 2006, 03:56 PM
    If there is a flame sensor try to clean it with steel wool(don't use sand paper)

This should provide reliable flame sensing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turn ignition key: it just clicks [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1982 dodge D150 with a straight 6 auto and someone messed with it and know when I turn the key all it dose is click how do I fix this problem

89 dakota ignition problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 89 dodge dakota 3.9l. The engine turns over, but will not fire. Problem seems to be intermittent. When not firing, zero voltage at coil. What is causing this? I started my truck 20-30 times this afternoon with no problem... now won't start. Accessories always work OK though.

90 honda ignition problem [ 4 Answers ]

90 honda accord starts but when key released to run position car immediately dies. Any ideas on this one? Thanks JD

View more questions Search