Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanobia89 Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Sep 6, 2008, 07:56 PM
    She suppose to be my sister
    :mad: ugh, she makes me so sick... its like she still doesn't get the picture.
    But its way too late, I seriously don't want nothing to do with her at this
    Point...
    She suppose to be my sister, but all my life she has been putting me down
    Telling me I was fat, stupid, calling me names and everything,
    You would think that when she turned 21 she would grow up but... wrong!
    It still seem like I'm the mature one the oldest one
    But I'm only 18. She is suppose to be my role model
    Not my worst enemy.
    She puts everybody before her family
    She messed up my graduation dinner
    Because, her and my brother got into a fight because she is in a gang
    So now I'm caught in the middle, she messed up big time when she broke the family
    Rule, {never rat on your fam} that can cause a lot of confusion esp. when your
    Tryna break up the family...
    I just can't stand her, LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER
    If she was in another state
    When I'm around her she makes me feel lower than LOW
    And I hate it
    ___(what am I to do )___:confused:
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 7, 2008, 05:07 AM
    Steer CLEAR of her. You know that you don't get to choose family, right? It's not like she's a friend that you can kick to the curb. Since you can't dump her just keep things civil.

I'm sure you've already told her where to go when she calls you fat, right? Well, if she still won't stop try to appeal to her sensitive side.. Ask her if you could talk to her about something of a sensitive nature. Sit her down and tell her, (something like this, your words of course... ), "Your my big sister and I really want us get along. Even tho' we fight you know I have your back. Listen...you need to stop calling me names, like "fat". It really makes me feel bad and hurts my feelings. Can we agree to that?" As long as you focus your attention on NOT SAYING "YOU", keep to "I" or "me" or "we", even "us"... but don't use the word "you"... it's finger pointing and will make her feel accused. If she feels that way then the conversation will end up like another argument. That's a waste of time...

My WHOLE family are therapists except my mom... so I'm pretty good w/ how to talk to people in a way that keeps them off the defense.

If she still can't respect you then stay clear of her. NO ONE is worth messing w/ yourself esteem.

Also, just remember that we don't choose family... she's your sister and she might very well not know any better and just be that dumb. Except her for her good and bad... (don't be like her!). Try your hardest to be there for yourself when life get complicated, I mean if not you then WHO?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm suppose to have a misscarriage [ 7 Answers ]

So this is not a happy question but I need it anyway. I was suppose to be 11 weeks pregnant yesterday but on Sunday was taking to the er and found that my baby didn't have a heartbeat. The baby only measured to 7 weeks 4 days. Which I donno doesn't make sense to me. So the doc says you are going to...

I Did What I Was Not Suppose To Do.. . [ 2 Answers ]

I met this wonderful guy on-line a couple of months ago and we clicked instantly. Had a lot in common, mutual physical attraction and spent what time we could together because we are both legally separated. This is the first intimate relationship I have been in since my separation. He had dated a...

What am I suppose to do [ 6 Answers ]

This is been going on for a long time. I had my daughter at a young age 16yr old, and my mother and grandmother have raised her the most of the time, but she knows I am her mother; Here lately we been at each others throats, she hates me, she's cutting herself, she doesn't want to live with...

He is suppose to be third party, not me [ 1 Answers ]

I am being with her(W) for 4 and half years, we had gone through many things, we had broken up for 1 time, during the broke up, I had started a relationship with another girl (S). When being up with S , I realised that I still love S. My relationship being with S was gone in half a year. Then, I...

Is this what its suppose to feel like [ 37 Answers ]

Hello Three months ago my dad passed away really suddenly. One month ago, my husband left and said he didn't love me anymore. I believed him. I got all the money in order, went to a lawyer and applied for a new mortgage and bought my husband out. I sorted through the whole house, pictures,...

View more questions Search