Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drummer994 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Why is my girlfriend lying?
    I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years now but things are going bad. I love my girlfriend with all my heart and I would never do anything to hurt her. However last week an old friend sent me a message on face book telling me she had been "slagging me off to him" when I read what she said it was really horrible. She was saying all sorts of nasty things, and at the end of every message there was lots of kisses. When I confronted her to see what I had done to deserve this she snapped to a different person and asked me to leave. I said please tell me and then she became violant and kept denying it. Why is she lying? Is there something going on? Please help me. Thanks!
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2011, 10:09 AM
    Wow that must have really hurt! She snapped at you because she'd been caught out! I can't say why she said all these things but she clearly trusted your friend wouldn't tell you. Who else has she been slagging you off too I wonder?

What kind of things did she say, did you guys maybe have an argument and she was venting her anger? I have done this on occasion to my friends about my boyfriend, I really shouldn't but I we all need to get it off our chest, and I wouldn't cross the line into just plain slagging him.
    Drummer994 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adviceishere View Post
    wow that must have really hurt! she snapped at you because she'd been caught out! i can't say why she said all these things but she clearly trusted your friend wouldnt tell you. who else has she been slagging you off too i wonder?

what kind of things did she say, did you guys maybe have an arguement and she was venting her anger? i have done this on occasion to my friends about my boyfriend, i really shouldnt but i we all need to get it off our chest, and i wouldnt cross the line into just plain slagging him.
    She could be doing it to anyone. She said something out of the blue, which was she hates me and all the rest of it, And then she said I was to clingy. I am far from clingy! I can't do anything with out having my Facebook page monitered by her. I just don't understand.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2011, 10:23 AM
    I really can't say why she done this too you, it sounds like she was looking for attention to me, you really need to re-evaluate your relationship status. Hate is a very strong word.

I wouldn't be depending on getting answers from her, or truthful answers at least, you make your own mind up about this! I know what I would do! Dump her! You say you love her but jeeze man, it couldn't get anymore dis-loyal than this. Well it can, but I wouldn't be sticking around to find out.

I said earlier I can talk about my boyfriend to my friends but hell I would never say anything like that! I would only vent my anger if we argued just to get advice from my girlfriends.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 15, 2011, 10:33 AM

Did you see all of this for yourself or are you taking some one's word for this?
    If it is true no one knows why she did whatever but her.
    It sounds as if she does not want to be with you so the best thing for you to do is walk away.

And why was your best friend communicating with her. With all of the kisses to him, she was sounding awful familiar with him. Are you upset with him too? Are you sure this was all her?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 15, 2011, 07:26 PM

Is it just me, but why do I find it strange that all of a sudden you find out your female hates you and your best friend has to tell you.

How old are you, and how long has your best friend been the object of your g/f's confidence, and attention??

I smell a rat, and its not just her.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 16, 2011, 05:39 AM

It seems you're surrounded by rats-time to make some changes don't you think...
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Is she lying? It very much seems so. Also, when she is talking badly about you does anything else really matter? Leave her for someone who is going to respect you, not someone who is going to speak bad things about you behind your back. Go No Contact, her reaction clearly shows that you have caught her doing bad and therefore, got defensive, very defensive. One time I found one of my ex girlfriends (while she was still mine) texting another guy because I checked her phone as she was sleeping... that was a mistake, but she had the same reaction as your girl just had, red flag definitely.

Good Luck,
    Javi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend is lying [ 8 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I have been dating over the internet for four months now. She has told me that she lives in Spain. (I am 13 and she has told me she is 14) We have never actually spoke but we have swapped pictures. She hadn't been on in awhile (3 days) so I decided to check her IP so I could...

Lying girlfriend [ 15 Answers ]

Hi all can I just say I think this site and everyone who is a member on it are great to have to come to for advice, first time using something like this so here goes. . This is a sort of long story but basically I started going out with a girl at xmas last year after I had just came out of a long...

Is he lying about having another girlfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

I just started dating this guy 2 months ago. On the first date we had sex and it was earth moving. He told me he wanted to "be my man" but he has never asked me out on another "real date". We have met for drinks after work a couple of times and sometimes I will see him briefly if he stops by for a...

Lying girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend of two years lies to me constantly. We have 5 mo old child. She cheated in her last . She lies even when the truth will do. I don't feel ike I can trust anything she say's. Will she cheat on me? What should I do?

View more questions Search