Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmckenzi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Run Furnace Fan
    How to I wire an electric furnace so just the fan runs in the summer.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 11:45 AM
    In the furnace there will be a fan relay , if you have a terminel board in the furnace you will see the thermostat wires connected to this board. The "G" terminel is for the fan relay, if you connect the green wire from the thermostat to this terminel and then connect the same green wire at the thermostat you can then operate it from the thermostat.
    whatme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
    Why is my fan in the furnace running without stopping

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan on lennox furnace won't run [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have a 20 year old Lennox Conservator 3... gas furnace/AC combination unit. The problem started as: When I set the thermostat to "heat" and fan on "auto", the burner would light and stay on for a few minutes then shut down (as it is supposed to do) because the fan was not coming on....

Does my Air Conditioner Run off my Furnace? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Rick, Last evening, I heard a strange sound; the air conditioner was on. So, I opened the basement door, and it was coming from the furnace down there. I turned off the Air Con, and the noise stopped (it sounded like a "dragging" noise). By last night, I turned the air con up to 80 F so it...

Furnace will only run for 45 seconds [ 5 Answers ]

I have replaced the fan swith limit switch and gas valuve. But the furnace comes on and after 30-45 seccs it shuts off the pilot, main gass and fan never comes on.. when the fan should come on it clicks and shuts down every thing. Any help. My suspicion is the wiring is not correct. ( ...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

GMC Gas Furnace Fan Won't Run [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend with a GMC gas furnace that will not start. We are receiving a three blinking LED code that says pressure switch failed to close. We found this switch on the main air fan and discovered the fan will not run in auto or manual. We checked for 120 VAC output on the circuit board...

View more questions Search