Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lnmattis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Vommiting and loss of appetite
    Okay I think I have a very sick cat on my hands. He is 16 and I rescued him about three months ago. For the past three days he will not eat and I haven't really seen him drink anything. The three months that I've had him he will not eat dry food so I feed him wet food with chicken on top. He usually goes crazy for it but he shows zero interest in it. I tried giving him milk. I know it upsets their stomachs but I needed to get something down. I have also tried tuna. He licked a little bit of the juice then loss interest. For the record I grew up with this cat and have had him since 92. I had to get him from my dad's house because my father became ill and was no longer taking care of him. This cat used to rip food out of your hands and steal it off your plate so I know something is wrong. He is extremely thin. He is an indoor cat. He is vomiting all the time. This morning there was a red tint in his vomit. He has become increasingly lethargic. And just isn't the same cat. Since this was over the weekend I couldn't take him to the vet. I have an appointment today but I just wanted to get some sort of insight before I go in and the vet starts reaming me with unnecessary charges. Help please!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 08:28 AM

Well, he is very elderly, l6 is pretty old for a cat. He could be giving up, liver problems, kidney problems, internally shutting down. Can't diangose, you understand that. This is just my insight from having some very elderly cats over the years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad stomach problems and loss of appetite? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been having bad stomach problems all my life. It is to the point where every time I eat I feel sick. I have gone to the dr. several times and they say I do not have anything wrong with my digestive tract or stomach. I also come up very healthy on all the general blood work they do to...

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has lost his appetite, is losing weight, is constipated and excessively thirsty. What's wrong with him?

Loss of appetite and lethargic [ 1 Answers ]

My cat who was just neutered and declawed on Thursday October 18, 2007, has since had a total loss of appetite and sleeps 23 hours a day. She was released from the vet 2 days after surgery and was given Amoxicillin and Torbugesic for pain. After she was home for a day is when she seemed to start...

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 y/o Dalmatian has recently stopped eating her food. She drinks a lot of water. She has been eating cat droppings from a litter box and I recently gave her a dewormer. Could she have an upset stomach from the cat's poop and litter or is there something more wrong?

View more questions Search