Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mralgernon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 08:53 AM
    GE washer won't stop spinning
    So, I had started my washing machine when I realized someone else in the house had used up all the laundry detergent... :cool:

So I turned it to off.

When I got the detergent, I tried to turn it on, and it went to spin.
    I turned the knob around a few times, trying to start it each time in the beginning of the cycle. :rolleyes:

At this point, if I push the start button, the only thing it does is spin...

There is a 'reset' by the load size knob, but after trying to use that option, it still is only going through the spin cycle, as the light indicates.

I have pushed the 'start' button now probably 15 + times :eek: thinking that if it just went through the 'spin' cycle for each time I turned the knob around it would eventually get back to normal...

Well, that hasn't happened yet.

SO... what should I do?? :confused:
    :)
    THANKS!
    ~Amanda
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Unplug the washer, manually turn the knob to the finished position. Plug the washer into the power and try a new cycle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washer not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Ultra fabric Care Heavy Duty 80 series. Wonderful machine suddenly doesn't spin or empty. It fills, agitates, but doesn't spin or empty on any cycle. I've checked my fuse panel, re-started the washer on different cycles, and none spin and empty. I've opened up a machine, taken apart...

GE washer not spinning [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE washer that will not engage and spin through it's normal cycle. It completes the cycle, the pump drains all the water but it will not spin. All other parts of the cycle seem OK. L not start again. I would like to look inside but am unsure how to make my way in to this machine. Does the...

Washer Overflows When Spinning [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a washer and dryer, only to find I can't use them yet. Here is my problem: I live in an older house, not sure exaclty how old (it has a coal shoot) and I have had some plumbing problems. My first level toilet sometimes flushes very slooowly, and sometimes very well. My main drain...

View more questions Search