Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsfill Posts: 5, Reputation: -2

Aug 9, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Tempstar furnace and air conditioner
    Hello everyone,

My husband and I recently purchased a new home in 2006, we closed in February of 2007, the other day I walked past our thermostat placed in the hall way of our home, and noticed the digital display was blank.

I went into the basement to check the furnace and it had shutdown, we had recently changed the filter, we checked the fuse inside and it is good, we turned off the furnace from the breaker box, and nothing seems to work. We changed the batteries in the digital thermostat and it is still blank. The fan will come on manually, but nothing else will.

The air conditioning unit is not working either, they all shut down. I called maronda homes and got the song and dance about the 1 year warranty being up and we will have to pay for labor, but not warranted parts. I don't have a problem with that, but my problem is who in their right mind is prepared for a brand new furnace and air conditioner to shut down after one year? Can someone please give me and idea what may be going on with this system?:(
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 12:12 PM
    If this was my furnace and a/c unit I would be on the phone to Tempstar and asking them what for shoddy product did they sell me. It could be a number of things or just one thing wrong with the system to act like this. I'd bug Tempstar first. Then call a repair person second. Depending on the cost and parts that need to be replaced, I'd send a copy of the paid repair bill along with a letter to Tempstar and demand that you be reimbursed for the repair cost as a unit that new should not break down. The home builder is essentially out of it as the one year warranty as this was probably something in the contract that you signed when you purchased the home. After one year the builder is essentially off the hook.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tempstar Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My packaged gas/electric 2 ton unit in on it's last leg. I am considering replacing it with 2.5ton unit from Tempstar but I have not heard must about Tempstar. Does anyone have any feedback about this brand?

Tempstar furnace [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 80+ tempstar with the smartvalve gas valve. During the call for heat, the inducer motor starts, but the ignitor will not come on and light. I checked the ignitor and it is good. I checked for voltage and it is good. Could the gas valve be bad, since the ignitor is controlled by the valve...

Tempstar furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My tempstar furnace burners light and then turn off, light and turn off, they cyle about every 3-5 seconds, when they should burn continuously. What is the problem?

Thermostat air conditioner wiring for tempstar gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I disconnected my thermostat from the gas tempstar furnace and also disconnected two wires I traced to the central air conditioner. I do not know where to connect the air conditioner black and white wires to on the W,Y,R,G,C. I do not have a manual. Can someone help me?

View more questions Search