Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pj94z Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Whirlpool Washer - Huge water leak - Hose Loose
    Did a wash yesterday and all the water leaked out into my laundry room and into garage... it was quiet a big leak.

I lifted washer and found a small black hose that is loose. It has brackets on the end , meaning it must clamp on to something.. and it seems to have come off... but I don't know where it goes??

The pipe is connected to the liquid detergent resovior next to the tub... and its about 3 feet long..

Can anyone tell me where this house should connect to?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 01:57 PM
    UTL without EXACT model number

Jan 11, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    UTL without EXACT model number
    MODEL: LMR4131AW0

I found out where it hooks up... its a black house that connects to the top of the washer where you pour in the bleach ( I rarely use it)...

So, I just hooked it back up to the top and seems OK now. I did a wash and no leak.

The water leak must have been due to overstuffing the washer with more clothes then
    It can handle... so I think there is no real leak anywhere... just overfilled last time.

Jan 11, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Ok I will not have to look it up. Glad you got it fixed.

Jan 14, 2009, 01:20 PM

OK - I spoke too soon ! I did a wash today and guess what... all water leaked out... it was all foamy!

So, I checked the bottom of washer and noticed the bleach pipe was still intact so it cannot be leaking from there!

Here are some pictures of where it is leaking from, please help!

Jan 14, 2009, 01:22 PM

Jan 14, 2009, 05:39 PM
    From the looks of it the pump/assembly might be the problem. Look for yourself. Here is a parts link

Part Advantage :: Category Search
    lizmorris2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 11:21 AM
    We have had that problem. Inside the washer where you found the black little tube, you will see a little piece sticking out. Make sure it's dry before putting the tube back on and tighten it so it doesn't fall off again. We found that if we had an uneven load and then did a normal or something it was getting loose, so we just put it on tighter
    lizmorris2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 11:21 AM
    I am sorry the little piece that is sticking out it on the water drum

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer water leak [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore washer, type 111, model #110.22642100, has water leaking from bottom of washer. I checked all hoses and all are clear and not clogges, could this be the pump and what does it look like, how much should it cost?

Washer drain hose squirting water during spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag washing machine that is 8 years old. It's worked just fine until recently. Halfway during the spin cycle, when the motor really "revs up", water squirts from the drain hose where it connects to the standpipe in the wall. An appliance repair person over the phone told me that it...

Whirlpool washer drain hose replacement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the drain hose on my Whirlpool top-load washer?

Frontload Washer water leak [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a front-loading washing machine. The soap tray is in the front upper left-hand corner, like most machines. Water is supplied to the tray, goes out the back and there is a tube going down into the machine from there. Instead of going into the drum, the water goes directly out...

View more questions Search