Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkerflame52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Birth control side effects or pregnancy symptoms
    Im in the first month of using birth control. I waited 2 weeks before having unprotected sex. Now I am on my innactive pills and have had no period. I have experienced a thick brown discharge, and have had frequent urination. I haven't missed any pills. I don't know if these are side effects of the birth control or if I could be pregnant.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 01:33 PM
    When you first start birth control your period can be screwy for awhile until your body adjusts to the new hormones. So your periods may be irregular or you may skip one or just have spotting. They should even out over time and as your body adjusts.

But keep in mind no birth control method is 100% effective... at best, the pill is only 97% effective.

My daughter is almost 6 and she was conceived while I was taking birth control pills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy after birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped taking birth control after 6 months on it and had unprotected sex the next month while ovulating. Now I'm 2 days late for my period, but I've started having some very light, brown spotting. Is this a common start to a pregnancy? What are the chances that I'm pregnant since I just stopped...

I am on birth control, but I am worried about pregnancy. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys. I have been on birth control for almost 3 years now, but the last time I went to the OBGYN they told me I needed a higher estrogen pill due to spotting. They put me on trinessa, which I just started about 2 weeks ago, Well now I have been getting really sick in the morning, throwing...

Side effects of birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't notice and I started taking for the first time because I took them for about 15 days and then noticed that they had been experied since 05/06... so I stopped taking them and I guess I got my period and my period is do on every 16 will I get my period again on the 16 and is the heavy...

Could I be pregnant, or just having birth control symptoms? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im just concerned about what could possibly be happening to my body right now, and I hope I don't lose you anywhere. STAY WITH ME! Now, I was put on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo about two months ago. I took that first pack successfully and my period came normally during the forth week of the pack....

Birth control and Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I've been married now for over 3 years and my husband and I have had talks about starting a family. Last year, I got off the birth controls and for about 4 months had no period and then all of a sudden I had painful, heavy periods for over 2 months. So I got back on the pills. So we decided that...

View more questions Search