Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d_suri5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 03:32 AM
    How much tax I will have to pay in detroit Us
    My annual salary from income will be 55k$.
    But I will be in us (detroit) for 3 months only (less than 89 days)
    I will be on L1 visa.
    How much Tax I have to pay.
    Will there be any tax exemption if I bring my wife and chile (less than 1 year old).
    Where I have to file tax return
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 12, 2008, 12:29 PM
    If your income source is NOT U.S.-based (in other words, you are paid from your home country employer), then the income is probably TAX-EXEMPT due to the short duration of your stay.

If not, you will file as a non-resident alien, in which case you CANNOT claim your wife or child as dependents.

However, you probably CAN claim temporary living expenses while in the U.S. which may completely offset any U.S. taxes owed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1968 Detroit Tigers Baseball [ 1 Answers ]

I have come into possession of a baseball (not a game ball) signed by all team members of the 1968 Detroit Tigers baseball team - a total of 30 autographs. I'm having it authenticated by one of the firms that are accepted by the major auction houses (Christie's, etc.). I believe the team won the...

What will be tax in us (detroit) for 3 months only. [ 1 Answers ]

My annual salary will be 55k$.But I will be in us (detroit) for 3 months only. How much Tax I have to pay. Will there be any tax exemption if I bring my wife and chile (less than 1 year old).

Moving from Houston to Detroit [ 1 Answers ]

I want to send my car from Houston to Detroit, How I can send it and how much it will cost me.

Shipment cost from Detroit, USA to Shanghai, China [ 1 Answers ]

My friend want to move his machines to China. The total weight of his machines are 3,600 to 5,000 pounds. Who can tell me the shipment cost of this weight from Detroit to Shanghai, China?

View more questions Search