Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleycapri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Newbie puppy owner.drinking,eating,vaccinations?
    I just got a new puppy! =]
    im only 17 and did to much moving around to actually sit down and raise a little puppy of
    of my own
    at first my little one wasnt eating or drinking
    but i learned that its just because she was new to the environment wich is true
    (for n e one thats having the same problem) =]
    i started freaking out but once i started letting her roam the place she began warming up to me and ate....
    wow i never thought something like a new puppy eating would make me so happy =)
    well now shes not drinking as much as i want her to
    and i dont want her to get dehydrated because her fluid intakes not enough a day
    i tried giving her water on the first day she took 1 or 2 licks and was done
    than i bought a puppy milk replacement but shes not taking to that either
    so wat should i do?

on another note......
    when is the best age to get her vaccinations and dewormed?
    and wat else does she need to be healthy?
    well whoever reads this long thing lol....
    thanks for taking your time out to help me =]
    ----Ashley-----
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Ashley you need to choose a vet in your area (speak to friends & neighbors and see who they recommend), then call the vet's office and tell them how old your puppy is and give them whatever info you have on previous shots & medications. With that info, they will tell you when you need to bring the puppy in for the next round of shots. At the time you bring her in, ask them about a vaccination schedule along with any other questions you may have.

In the meantime, labman has a sticky at the top of the dog forum with new puppy training advice. Please click on this link:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...man-53153.html

Since you are a new dog owner, just realize that it is going to take time and A LOT of patience on your part. It would be wise to start looking around for puppy training classes. For someone who hasn't had a dog before, or if you haven't had to train one in a while, it is a good way to see exactly how to apply the techniques. You can ask the vet's office when you call, or stop by a local pet store, about a recommendation for good trainers are in the area.

If you are still having problems after reading and applying all the techniques in the link, (try the techniques for a few days at least) post back explaining thoroughly exactly what is going on. We will give you more specific direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Old Dog Quit Eating And Drinking [ 7 Answers ]

Ok I'm starting to panic here! My 7 year old rattier dog quit eating and drinking and I think it's because he's jealous of the new 2 month old beagle puppy, but I don't know how to get him to start eating and drinking again! Now he won't eat and drink at all I've tried and tried to get him to...

New puppy not eating or drinking [ 12 Answers ]

We got a new 8 week old Malte-Poo Puppy yesterday, brought her home and she had plenty of energy, was eating, drinking, urinating and pooping regularly. Today however she still has plenty of energy but will not eat or drink. She has urinated 4 times and pooped 2 times. Should we be concerned? I...

Puppy Vaccinations in UK [ 1 Answers ]

Here puppies have 2 vaccinations about 2-3 weeks apart. So do they both contain the same ingredients and in the same amounts or not?

Dog stroke-HELP not eating or drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I dog just had what the vet says is a stroke. I heard they will recover within weeks but at the moment she is not eating and taking water via a plastic syringe. Anyting we can do to help her dizzyness, tilted head and lack or appetite? Please help John

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search