Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jashin-Teen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 03:01 PM
    How can I find my biological parents?
    I have no idea who they are, what they do, are what the heck they look like. I have no information, and I just want to know. :(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 03:55 PM

Please read https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adopti...ml#post1824594
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 04:23 PM

You may have to hire a private investigator to find them.

Is your biological parents names on your birth certificate? If it is, GovVitalRecord.com - Comprehensive Online Vital Records and Statistics Searches may be able to help you find them. But of course, like everything, it costs money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 06:41 PM

If it is a sealed adoption there is little you can do, those records will not be available.

Have you asked your parents, ( adopted) normally they would have some info. I know after my mom died, she had a journal with all the info, who the real parents were, where they were from and more.
    ** I had already found out, thouigh some other means but in the adoption, there is normally info available.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 07:35 AM

How old are you? Were you adopted as an infant?

We need more information, because the year the adoption took place is actually VERY important here.

Jul 7, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    How old are you? Were you adopted as an infant?

We need more information, because the year the adoption took place is actually VERY important here.
    I'm 15, and yeah I was adopted as an infant.

Jul 7, 2009, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If it is a sealed adoption there is little you can do, those records will not be avalable.

Have you asked your parents, ( adopted) normally they would have some info. I know after my mom died, she had a journal with all the info, who the real parents were, where they were from and more.
    ** I had already found out, thouigh some other means but in the adoption, there is normally info available.
    I know, normally they would know, but everythime I ask my parents what they were like, they state they either forgot or didn't really pay attention. I don't if they're lying or what, but it gets on my nerves..
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Why do you want to find them?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 10:26 AM

Talk to your parents and tell them your reasons for wanting to know who your birth parents were.

Explain in a calm and mature manner why this is important to you and ask them for their help.

They may be feeling put off by your request,so try to understand their feelings as well.

Know that some birth parents do not wish to be contacted and choose to have a closed adoption for that reason.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 11:32 AM

We cannot help a minor with a search for biological parents.

You need to talk to your adoptive parents about this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashin-Teen View Post
    I'm 15, and yeah I was adopted as an infant.

Unfortunately, because you are a minor, only your adoptive parents can help you with this.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 03:52 PM
    You need to talk to your parents, the ones who have loved you and raised you for 15 years and will keep on doing it no matter what. :)

If you are just curious, than they might be able to help you, but you need to let them know why, they will understand, they ARE your parents.

They took on the responsibility of adopting you because they wanted you more than anything else in the world (it's not an easy process), please keep that in mind.

At your age you are going through a lot of things and questions are always asked (even if your not adopted) remember that.

Because you brought it up I'm sure your parents are very concerned and hurt in a way, again you need to talk to them about your feelings.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find my biological parents [ 7 Answers ]

How do I find my biological parents without knowing any information on them, not even their names. The only information I have is that I was born in Flint, Michigan and my birth name is Christina. I was given up for adoption to a very well known and prominent family in Flint Michigan, where I...

I would like to find my biological parents [ 5 Answers ]

I was adopted in November 15 1989 in benton Ar

How can I find my biological parents names? [ 5 Answers ]

I am adopted and I don't have any information on my biological parents.

View more questions Search