Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    somerwilson01 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Nipples are getting tender is that a sign of pregnancy?
    I am 4 dpo and I was wondering if there was any women out there that experienced tender nipples this soon. Could this be a sign that I could be pregnant or getting ready to start my period?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 09:05 AM
    It could be either, but I would say that it is very soon for it to be pregnancy related. Wait until a week after you miss your period before you make any conclusions.
    pricej Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 09:22 AM
    I was at least six weeks before I started having ANY signs (other than the missed period). Then it started with the sickness. The tender nipples did not start until a few months in, so I would not worry just yet. If you are on any type of prevention (pill, patch, shot) these can often cause you to have mild symptoms of pregnancy, even though you are not also.
    somerwilson01 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 09:32 AM
    No I am not on anything and we are trying...
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 09:36 AM
    With my pregnancies, It was always 6 weeks+ before I even had an inkling I was pregnant... good luck, it can take a while. Just don't stress about it, go with the flow.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 09:54 AM
    While it is possible, it is highly doubtful. See it takes time for your system to build up Hcg, the pregnancy hormone that tends to cause pregnancy symptoms. 4 days is typically not enough time to build this hormone up and get symptoms.

Understand also that premenstrual symptoms mirror pregnancy symptoms many times. You may just be building up for another period.

However, it seems as though you are stressing about getting pregnant. You realize that stressing can make it HARDER to get pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men have nipples? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm sorry. I know this question sound ridiculous, but I was asked this earlier today and I wondered the same thing. I understand that women have them to feed their babies, but what purpose do nipples hold on a man? Its not like he really needs them for anything.

Cash as legal tender [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can a merchant in the United States refuse to accept cash as payment? I'm not talking about a bag of pennies, but cash in reasonable denominations. For example, many hotels seem to have a policy declining cash. Is this legal? Also if you sign a lease, it likely contains a provision that...

View more questions Search