Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkshep123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2006, 06:01 AM
    Bleeding during pregnancy
    I have been bleeding for about 4 days now. I am 5-6 weeks along. No severe cramping just uncomfortable. I had a vaginal ultrasound done and my OB said he could not see the baby but could see the yolk sac and that I had not had a miscarriage and to come back in a week because they usually hide at this stage. I was wondering if it was at all possible to have your period at this stage of pregnancy or if this is something I should worry about.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 13, 2006, 11:27 AM
    Bleeding that early is actually not that uncommon. A lot of women experience it as the placenta attaches and starts to create a firmer hold on the uterus. I would still keep an eye on things and follow up with your dr. You can find a lot of info if you run a search on first trimester bleeding. Here are a couple of sites that I've found helpful.

Welcome to About.com
    ObGynCenterOnline:
    Hope they help... don't stress too much it will only make things worse.
    loukabooga Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2007, 01:54 AM
    Hi,
    How did the pregnancy go? I am experiencing the same symptoms as you...
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 8, 2007, 03:35 AM
    Some women do have what is termed early pregnancy bleeding, but it must be investigated to make sure there is nothing wrong, keep in touch with your doctor. Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, tell me what you think... the company I work for has an outside third party company that handles payroll and insurance. Our open enrollment is in January and July. In January we got a new company and after reviewing the benefits and the premiums I agreed. In February I found out that I was...

Bleeding and cramping in early pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having mild cramping on and off for the past week. Today I started bleeding with stronger cramping. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about a month. I am about 4 days shy of when my period would normally start (and I'm usually regular), and tried a early detection...

Implantation bleeding or pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

Hi folks, I had my last period on July 10th -13th ,then I didn't get my period at all,tthen on 18th aug I tried pregnancy test,it turned to be negative,I had my early symptoms,I was playing badmiton on 17th,then on 18th a few spots of pink colored started,it was for 2 days,then on 3rd day it was...

Bleeding During Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Im 7 weeks pregnant with my first child! Two days ago, I began darkly spotting. I went to the doctor, who said everything was fine. It got worse yesterday as the blood became more redish so I returned and once again. After multiple tests, I was reassured I was fine. Now I am passing tissue and...

Please, ectopic pregnancy? Implantation bleeding? Or period? [ 3 Answers ]

This is a bit early on to ask I suppose, but when it comes to my girlfriend's health I really would rather be safe than sorry. Her period for the past 3 years has been like clockwork, no more than a day off of her last period. We had an excessive amount of PROTECTED sex last month (condom, she is...

View more questions Search