Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Benn2732 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Male tabby vomiting indoor cat but was outside for awhile
    Jasper was outside fro about 6 hours came home without his collar and threw up food and grass. He has been throwing up about every three hours since he has been home.

Any suggestions?

Brian
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2007, 06:14 PM
    I'm going to assume that this is not normal behavior for him. If it's not, then I'd suggest vet, and I'd do it soon. He's been outside, and you don't know what he may have gotten into. He could have eaten something that disagrees with him, he may have caught a rodent that had eaten poison bait (happened to one of my cats when I was growing up, and that was a touch and go situation), he may have drunk contaminated water. You might be looking at something as minor as an upset tummy, or a serious case of poisoning. There's just too many variables to make a decision without a vet, in my opinion.
    iscorpio Posts: 124, Reputation: 17

Apr 7, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Benn2732
    Jasper was outside fro about 6 hours came home without his collar and threw up food and grass. He has been throwing up about every three hours since he has been home.

Any suggestions?

Brian
    Don't know too much about animals health but my instincts tell me that he has eaten something that did not agree with him, I presume that as with a human you get him to drink plenty of water to flush him through but also you must take him to a vet, I know that cats vomit fur balls but this sounds more like he may have eaten something toxic to him. Take care, love and peace anne x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat vomiting [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old male farm cat that lives strickly indoors. I also have 2 other cats that live indoors as well. I would from time to time find a small amount of vomited food in the house. Over the last 2 months he has become very regular with vomiting, but it started as food, went to a...

My cat keeps vomiting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have a 14 year old female cat and she started vomiting yesterday afternoon,we thought it maybe a furball,but she has not vomited a hairball,she has been wretching and now has a sore throat and keeps gulping,she is hungry but when I give her food she vomits it straight back up and cannot keep...

Cat vomiting/diarrhea [ 2 Answers ]

My cat got a rabies shot today around 12:30pm, around 5:30pm she started vomitting and having diarrhea. Is this because of a reaction to the shot, and will it pass, or should I be more worried? She is very alert and doesn't seem to be sick other than now she has vomitted about 5 times and has...

My cat keeps vomiting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there Please could someone help,I have an 8 yr old black cat who has been vomiting since Sunday evening at least 4-5 times a day.I usually give her tinned meat with a few dried biscuits on top for her meals.on Sunday I gave her a saucer full of dried biscuits as a treat.later that...

View more questions Search