Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanefrisch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Goodman furnace HUM humidifier
    I have a Goodman GMNT080 furnace that I am attempting to place a humidifier on. The humidifier is a Honeywell HE260. I have a post to place the hot lead on the furnace, HUM (24v), where do I put the common as there does not appear to be any places left to connect the common?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:30 PM

You have to make one. You need to make a pigtail with the right connectors. Basically a "Y" connector with th eproper ends.

Usually the transformer has to be upgraded for the humidifier. If these are just the control terminals then you should be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace duct hum -harmonics [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace was recently serviced. I now notice a high pitched hum that is audible when the furnace and fan are operating. Shut the furnace down and the hum disappears. The hum is periodic and not continuous. It is audible throughout the house and it is impossible to isolate the source. ...

Hum in Interthwerm Electric Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Intertherm electric furnace in the trailer I just bought the furnace had not been used for sevral years the heating elements still look new but when I flip the breaker on I can hear alow hum, is this normal or something I should worry about. Thank You Robin:)...

Goodman furnace Humidifier [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hook up a humdifier to goodman furnace

Furnace blower hum [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 90 gas forced air furance which is about 10 years old. When the blower kicks on there is a humming noise which then goes away after a few seconds. It is rather a loud noise. What can be done to prevent this noise?

View more questions Search