Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lillybells Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 11:28 AM
    I need some ideas!
    Hi,
    Well at school, there's this boy I really like! Im almost close to asking him out but I'm scared if he says no he'll know I like him and I really like him, but if he know's, that might ruin out friendship and we're best friends,
    So do anyone you have any ideas!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 11:29 AM

How old are you?

So the advice can be appropriate.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 02:34 PM

Hi, lillybells!

Yes, it would help to know how old you and he are or at least your grade levels in school.

Thanks!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 22, 2009, 03:07 PM

If you feel uncomfortable telling us your exact age, you could tell us a range, for example: early teens, mid teens, late teens, early twenties, etc.

So that we can give you age-specific advice, so that it will be more beneficial to you.

May 23, 2009, 10:25 AM

Im under 10 years old but older that 7
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 23, 2009, 10:54 AM

Do we have an under-teen section?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 12:18 PM

Without sounding mean you are only a child so you don't need to be thinking about having relationships yet, they are complicated and can be messy and upsetting sometimes.

Keep this boy as a friend, you obviously like him so maybe you could try working towards best friends.

Ask him if he can talk to his parents about coming over to your house one day to play some games and hang out?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

May 23, 2009, 12:24 PM

I have to agree with sham.

Relationships are complex things that you really can't understand at your age.

On the other hand I also remember being a little girl with silly crushes so I'm not trying to be too judgmental here. Every girl has crushes, but crushes usually end up in someone's feelings being crushed. "Dating", it isn't truly dating when you are that young, a friend usually ends up as messy business even for people two or three times your age. It would probably be best if you just concentrate on being friends right now.
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 25, 2009, 01:41 AM
    Mmm I agree
    I had the same problem but I'm mid nearly late teens gosh I'm old ahhhh
    Any way if you relly like him then when your 14 or 15 go for it but at that age nope I don't think it's a good I dea as people have said under 10 it gets messy and over 70 it get cold
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 04:43 AM

I have to agree. You are too young to even consider a relationship with a boy. I understand crushes. But since he's your best friend its all the same. You guys get to hang out all the time anyway, and get to do fun things together. That's what dating is about when you're a teen. So, continue this friendship and then when you are older if you still feel the same way--pursue it.

May 27, 2009, 10:06 AM

I've had a boyfriend before he ask me out on my birthday and I'm aloud my mum said so its all right don't worrie I'm not that young
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 10:15 AM

You are young, I won't be swayed. Keep your best friend, plenty of time to date later.
    Vision Expert

May 27, 2009, 10:47 AM

You're too young to date boys. If your parents actually care about your future they wouldn't let you date at this age, that just makes sex so much more accessible to you at a much earlier age. My boyfriend's daughter is 9, and she isn't allowed to date for another 6 years. Why? Because he was 17 when she was born, he knows what happens when you find interest in girls too early.

Focus on things that are more important. School. Fashion. Grades. Honor Roll. Chores. Homework.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 28, 2009, 01:01 PM

What's wrong with enjoy being best friends?

Jun 6, 2009, 05:00 AM

Right listen, the only resen, well I do really like him and I would just stay like that but I have 7 best friends same age as me and the all have bfs or gfs I'm the one left out
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 05:21 AM

Is it worth losing a best guy friend just to say you have a boyfriend so you can be like your girlfriends?
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Jun 6, 2009, 05:33 AM

Ok now here me out,
    As we know she's still very young,much to young to have a serious relationship but that's exactly it, how serious can a relationship be between to kids younger than 10?
    I say let them be kids before they discover real relationships...
    Vision Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly23 View Post
    Ok now here me out,
    as we know shes still very young,much to young to have a serious relationship but thats exactly it, how serious can a relationship be between to kids younger than 10?
    I say let them be kids before they discover real relationships...
    You don't think kids are curious? If they get too close to the fire they'll get burned. 10 is way too young to have a relationship.
    Vision Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lillybells View Post
    right listen, the only resen, well i do really like him and i would just stay like that but i have 7 best friends same age as me and the all have bfs or gfs im the one left out
    So? Why would you want to be like everyone else? That just means that you have lots of friends, that's great. Why would you need to possibly ruin a friendship for a "relationship"? What does having a boyfriend even mean at your age? What do you do?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    So? Why would you want to be like everyone else? That just means that you have lots of friends, that's great. Why would you need to possibly ruin a friendship for a "relationship"? What does having a boyfriend even mean at your age? What do you do?
    You know, you're absolutely correct with this one too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to get a tattoo but have no ideas on what I want I would love a snack or a lizard but have no designs or nothing I want quite a large one but don't know where to have it if there is any like tattoo artists or anyone out there that has any good ideas that are different then get back to me...

Any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question but I don't know how to get back to this to re read the answer so email it to me at do that for me OK my question is me and my baby's mother have a child she is now going to be 4 in April and the baby's mother took her from New York to kentuckey with out permission and would not...

Need Ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody gives me some ideas what it means to be American?

Need ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody give me some ideas on classical conditioning (psyhology)? Thank you

Need Ideas [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 27 yrs old. I Currently work for Verizon. It's a good job with decent pay and benefits. The problem is that I am just making it. My goal is to save enough money for a down payment on a house. I need some ideas for a home based bussines or any other money making ideas were I can pull...

View more questions Search