Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Still saying "i love you" after breakup.confused
    Hey everyone,

Well I posted on here earlier this month about me and my ex going on a "break" which turned into an official breakup. I was hoping some of you could give me some insight as to what you think of the situation.
    It's been a long stressful month to the least. So went on this break around the time her ex was coming back for a week and a half visit so immediately I assumed that was why. We started dating a few weeks after they had broke up and had been together for 2 years... and after a lot of thinking I came to the conclusion that maybe this is best for now, let her figure things out and if she wants there to be an "us" than to make sure so I'm giving her her space (as hard as it is!) she told me she didn't sleep with him or anything while he was here.. whew, and yes I honestly believe her. So I'm fine with that whole thing, but this is what's confusing to me.
    We write back and forth every now and then on myspace in little messages, usually once to another one day or on the next... and at the end of the messages we will still say I love you. We went to coffee the other day. Woundup talking for about 2 hours, went to wal mart together for kicks and when we went to say goodbye we gave a very long hug and then kissed, said I love you and went our ways. I texted her and said thank you for the coffee and this lead to a conversation where I eventually asked her if she still had feelings for me. She said of course and that she's been regretting our decision lately and that she misses me.
    We then get into another deep conversation that night on the internet where we admit to one another all the things we missed about one another... but were still going to keep doing what were doing for now. For the weekend I went out of state to two different weddings came back through her town and stopped in for a little bit, same thing happened... long hug and kiss with I love you said.
    I guess what I'm asking is... am I doing the right thing, is it wrong that I believe there is still the future with us together? I just think she needs time to figure everything out... I guess I just love her enough that I want to give that to her and hopefully my heart is right in telling me that its me she wants to be with. Can anyone offer some advice or what you think of the situation or anything really. Thank you for reading this and I appreciate ANY feedback.
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

Jun 24, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mtguy
    hey everyone,

well i posted on here earlier this month about me and my ex going on a "break" which turned into an official breakup. i was hoping some of you could give me some insight as to what you think of the situation.
    it's been a long stressful month to the least. so went on this break around the time her ex was coming back for a week and a half visit so immediately i assumed that was why. we started dating a few weeks after they had broke up and had been together for 2 years...and after alot of thinking i came to the conclusion that maybe this is best for now, let her figure things out and if she wants there to be an "us" than to make sure so i'm giving her her space (as hard as it is!) she told me she didn't sleep with him or anything while he was here..whew, and yes i honestly believe her. so i'm fine with that whole thing, but this is what's confusing to me.
    we write back and forth every now and then on myspace in lil messages, usually once to another one day or on the next...and at the end of the messages we will still say i love you. we went to coffee the other day. woundup talking for about 2 hours, went to wal mart together for kicks and when we went to say goodbye we gave a very long hug and then kissed, said i love you and went our ways. i texted her and said thank you for the coffee and this lead to a conversation where i eventually asked her if she still had feelings for me. she said of course and that she's been regretting our decision lately and that she misses me.
    we then get into another deep conversation that night on the internet where we admit to one another all the things we missed about one another...but were still gonna keep doing what were doing for now. for the weekend i went outta state to two different weddings came back through her town and stopped in for a little bit, same thing happened...long hug and kiss with i love you said.
    i guess what i'm asking is...am i doing the right thing, is it wrong that i believe there is still the future with us together? i just think she needs time to figure everything out...i guess i just love her enough that i want to give that to her and hopefully my heart is right in telling me that its me she wants to be with. can anyone offer some advice or what you think of the situation or anything really. thank you for reading this and i appreciate ANY feedback.
    Just let things happen, be honest about your feelings, that's really all that you can do.
    rondom1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 02:26 AM
    I am in the same situation sort of... I don't know just wanted to say it sucks
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jun 25, 2007, 06:10 AM
    What's A Break? What's Your Def. Of A Break? A Break To Me Is Taking A Break From That Person... if Your Suppose To Be Taking A Break From That Person Then Why Are You Two Still Seeing Each Other? Why Are You Two Still Talking To Each Other? I Fell If You Two Are Taking A Break You Don't Need To See Or Speak To Each Other... I Took A Break From My Boyfriend And We Started Talking And Seeing Each Other Still... still Telling Each Other That We Love Each Other... then Eventually It Was Like We Were Still Together We Just Didn't Have That Title... with Us Still Seeing Each Other On What We Were Suppose To Be On A 'break' It Really Didn't Do Us Any Good... mine As Well We Were Still Together Because We Were... I Think You Need To Ask Her What Her Def. Of A Break Is... How Is Going On A Break What's Best For Now When You Still See And Talk To Her? What Is This Break Suppose To Be Doing For You And Her?? Is This Break To Give You Both Space? Is Space What Your Really Getting"??
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 02:06 PM
    It's is crazy when guys say you are beautiful,wonderful while they don't want to date you or love you any more. I completely know how u feel!
    That's what I am doing now... don't talk to him! Not for a while... let the phone ring, text message, email comes... don't ever reply it...
    I'll let u know how things work for me okay?
    Hang in there now... guys are weird sometimes I think

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

I "Love You" but not "In Love With You" anymore... [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, A couple of days ago, my wife of the past 5+ years just dropped a total bomb on me. She told me that she wasn't "in love with me" anymore, but she still loves me, cares for me and doesn't want me to get hurt. A little history... We knew each other through other people for about...

Lyrics for "let's stop before we fall in love" [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Could someone please give me the lyrics to "let's stop before we fall in love?" I've been unsuccessful in searchin got it on the internet. The first couple of lines go, "I belong to her, you belong to him. We keep on playing a game we'll never win. We've got to stop, before the hurt...

Name the song with lyrics "I love people born in the 80's" [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone please help? :confused: This song is definitely current as it has been used on some TV link items - it is a male singer and the chorus keeps repeating "born in the eighties, the eighties"... The only other lyrics I caught when listening to the full track on the radio recently was...

View more questions Search